Thursday, August 1, 2019

August Goals

Happy Thursday and First Day of August! I can't believe that it's August. This year is going by so fast, and I can't believe that Summer is officially almost over. My boys actually started school today, so it actually feels like Summer is over. However, we still plan to complete some tasks on our Summer Bucket List.

Last month was so busy. I had to finish Back-to-School shopping, and we tried to do all the Summer things. It was a fun month full of celebrations, BBQs, and spending time with family. Even though we had a fun-filled month, I am looking forward to a slower month.

Looking back on the previous month, I am quite surprised at the number of goals that I was able to accomplish. I'm looking forward to reaching my new goals for August. With that being said, let's recap on my goals for July and check out what new goals I set for this month.


Recap of July Goals
  • Read 1 book: I read three books this month! Three books! I read Take Me with You by Andrea Gibson, Nocturnal by Wilder Poetry, and Blue Horses by Mary Oliver. I was on a poetry kick and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to share my reviews soon.
  • Try 2 new recipes: This was a fail. I'm actually really disappointed that I didn't reach this goal.
  • Complete 2 Skillshare classes: I only took one class this month. I loved Yasmine Cheyenne's class, Writing for Self-Discovery. The prompts were amazing. Even though I didn't complete 2 classes, I'm glad that I was able to complete 1 course. 
  • Exercise/Stay Active 3 days a week: This was a fail...again. I have to do better.
  • Make art 3 days a week: I made a lot of art this month. I think I was close to making art 3 days a week, so I will say that I did accomplish this goal. I went through a creative burst this month, especially when it came to scrapbooking and crafting. 
  • Participate in Plastic Free July: I did participate. I used my reusable bags instead of using plastic bags. There were a few times that I did get some plastic bags, but I did reuse them. I also used my reusable Starbucks cup, but I definitely want to improve on remembering to bring them with me. 

August Goals
  • Read 1 book
  • Try 3 new recipes
  • Complete 1 Skillshare class
  • Practice Italian on Duolingo 5 days a week
  • Make art 3 days a week

What are your goals for August?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


2 comments

  1. I think you did well on your July goals. Your boys are in school already?! I think this is the earliest I've seen for a school to start.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Today was their first day back. School lets out for summer vacation in May.

      Delete