The Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers set comes with 12 pre-filled bright watercolors in aqua brushes. The colors are extremely vibrant and once the watercolors are gone, you can reuse the water brushes. The names of the colors are so adorable. The mermaid markers came with some simple instructions to follow before you use them. I do have some tips and notes that you may want to use if you decide to purchase your own mermaid markers.
- Don't squeeze the brush too hard or else a lot of ink may come out.
- Less is more...the colors are incredibly vibrant.
- The colors may fade if they are exposed to sunlight.
- Make sure to store the markers upright in order to avoid any leakage.
- Make sure to check your markers before as well. Unfortunately one of my markers keeps leaking even though I store all of them upright. I also made sure that everything was screwed all the way and correctly. However, after contacting American Crafts, I was told that they would be sending me a few replacements.
- You may notice that some of the markers are not filled all the way to the top. Apparently the markers are supposed to be filled at least above the U in the word "PUSH" (it's on the watercolor (aqua) brush barrel). A couple of my markers were not filled above the U and American Crafts will be sending a few replacements.
- If you live near a Michaels, I definitely recommend that you use a coupon on this product. The markers cost $39.99, but I was able to use a 50% (maybe a 60% off) coupon.
To make this painting, I put some different colors on some plastic wrapping. Then I sprayed the colors with a spray bottle and then put the plastic wrapping on the paper. I pressed down and then carefully lifted the wrapping off the paper. I let the watercolor/ink dry and really loved how it turned out.
I used the same technique for this painting as well, but I added the DIY stamp set and then used my Sharpie fine point pen to draw the hair.
For this painting, I put the watercolor in a palette and then used a watercolor brush to add the color onto my page.
Overall, I definitely recommend the Mermaid Markers and am so glad that I decided to purchase them. Here's to hoping that there will be refills for the markers.
Have you tried the new Mermaid Markers? Do you plan to purchase anything in the collection?
Thanks for visiting!
Until next time...