Saturday, October 31, 2015

Birthday Accordion Cards

Hello! Happy Halloween! Instead of posting a Halloween project (don't worry I will post a few more in the coming days), I decided that I want to share two Birthday accordion cards that I made a few days ago.

Most of the items that I used were from Simple Stories. I love their Snap sets because you can make cards, Project Life layouts, traditional layouts, etc. These kits really are amazing. I was running low on some birthday cards again so I made another batch.


In order to make an accordion card, I simple adhered two 4x5.5 in. cards together and then decorated the cards. For the cover of card, I used a journaling card and added a Happy Birthday sticker at the top. I left the bottom blank just in case I want to add the recipient's name. 


I decided to add a folder/pocket in each card so that I could a gift card or cash in it. I love that my gift is basically a 2 in 1 gift. This is perfect especially if I don't have enough time to get to the store to search and buy a gift. This is also perfect if you don't know what to purchase the gift recipient. You can't go wrong with a card and gift card.


I added a couple of journaling cards on the back of the accordion cards. I decided to just keep the card simple, but I may add some more enamel dots later on.


For my second card, I adhered a journaling card to my card and then used some foam dots on a 3x4 card. Then I adhered that card onto the card. I love the added dimension.


I added a blank journaling card so that I can write a message and I also added another pocket. Then I added another journaling card.


I added a few more journaling cards, but for the middle journaling card, I added a few stickers. Now I have two accordion cards that are ready to be given to their recipients. 

Supplies Used:
  • Simple Stories Snap Birthday Squares and Pieces
  • Simple Stories Snap Birthday Stickers
  • Simple Stories Snap Pockets-Color Fusion
  • Recollections enamel dots

How is your Halloween going? Are you making anything today?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment