Thursday, October 3, 2019

October Goals

Happy Thursday! It's finally October, and I'm so excited! October is one of my favorite months. Fall is in full force (even if the weather doesn't feel like it yet) and Halloween will be here before we know it.

Last month was amazing. The boys had their Fall break from school, so we decided to take a staycation. We packed a lot of stuff in that week, and it was glorious. We did so much in September. We went to the Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival (I'll share about that soon), celebrated John's birthday, went to the Taste of Smyrna, relaxed, and went on a few more adventures.

As you know, it's a new month, so it's time for some new goals. Before we get to my goals for October, let's see how I did on my goals for September.


Recap of September Goals
  • Read 2 books: I read 3 books in September. I'm in the Halloween spirit, so I decided to read the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. I used to love to read the series when I was a kid. I was hit with a wave of nostalgia when I went to the library to pick up the books. I still love the stories, and the illustrations are fantastic. One of my favorite stories was The Bride. 
  • Try 2 new recipes: Once again, this was a fail. I couldn't decide which recipes to try. We were also on vacation and didn't really cook during that time. 
  • Stay active 3 days a week: I'm not sure whether to call this a fail or not. I didn't really keep track of how often I stayed active, but I do think that I did a decent job. I really have to start actually keeping track of this. I'm going to use my planner to keep track of how active I am.
  • Work on 30 Days of Lists challenge: I'm happy to say that I completed this challenge. I kept my lists simple and used only a few supplies which helped me finish the challenge. I love how my little notebook turned out. I posted the first half of my lists here. I will post the second half in the next few days.
  • Work in my sketchbook every day: This was a success. I decided to use my sketchbook as part of the Season of Habit challenge by Get Messy. 

October Goals
  • Read 2 books
  • Finish Get Messy Season of Habit
  • Start a new journal
  • Stay active 3 days a week (and actually keep track of it)
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Write more (Essays, poems, blog posts, etc.)
  • Work on a new art project

What are your goals for October?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Maddi Bazzocco on Unsplash

4 comments

  1. I’m not sure if it helps or not, but I’ve started writing all my activity in my journal, including how often I take the dog out for walks each day. I find it helps! And best of luck with your goals this month. I think you did very well in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a great idea. I think I'm going to try that. Good luck on your goals for this month.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a lovely September, and I think you did really well on your goals. I definitely need to be more active this month - and just be healthier in general.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really need to be more active. I'm hoping to do better with meal planning.

      Delete