Monday, October 14, 2019

What I Read in September

Happy Monday! Last month, I accomplished my reading goal. I was on a short horror story kick. I really wanted to read some books that I loved when I was a kid, but I also wanted to read scary stories. I ended up selecting Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz.

I didn't read a lot of blog posts or articles in September, but there were a few great ones. It was definitely a great month for reading. I can't wait to see if I accomplish my reading goal for October.

Let's check out the books along with some of my favorite blog posts and articles from September.


Must Read



Last month, I read the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. There are three books in the series, and they are all awesome! The books are a quick read. I read each book in one day.

I remember devouring these books when I was a kid. Some of the stories are scary, and some are funny. There are notes and sources at the end of the book. I loved that Alvin Schwartz researched folklore and urban legends. I really loved learning about the origins and variations of some of the stories. Stephen Gammell's illustrations are amazing! Every single illustration is so creepy and perfect for each story. One of my favorite stories is The Bride. I also really loved The Wolf Girl and The Wreck.

Blog Posts I Loved in September

The Things We Choose by Erica

A Radical Guide to Spending Less Time on Your Phone by Ryan Holiday

Finding Your Identity Outside of Motherhood by Jaelan

Madelyn Miles' Crying for My Baby Who Didn't

What did you read in September?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

6 comments

  1. Major flashback with Scary Stories. And I read Never Look Back, by Alison Gaylin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were the best books when I was little. I totally want to re-read them before I see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading the series again. I really want to watch the movie.

      Delete
  3. I remember reading Scary Stories as a kid and being terrified the entire time. I didn't watch the movie because I'm terrified of everything as an adult as it is. HA! One of my favorites from September was The Speed of Falling Objects. It's a YA book but it is SO GOOD and I couldn't stop reading it. I was so surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Stranded in Chaos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the stories are still creepy. The illustrations are so good. I'll have to check out The Speed of Falling Objects.

      Delete