Monday, September 2, 2019

September Goals

Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day! It's a new month! Summer is basically over. There are hints of Fall everywhere. I'm so excited. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back...and I'm not even a big fan of them, but there's just something about them this year. The leaves are slowly changing colors, and for the past few mornings, there's been a chill in the air. I'm all for cooler mornings.

Last month was a hectic month. School started for the kids, and we have been getting used to our new routine. It was definitely a month full of changes and transition. With it being such a hectic month, I didn't really work a lot on my goals. I'm a bit disappointed, but I'm happy that I was able to accomplish a couple of goals.

So, let's recap on my goals for August and check out my new goals for September. Ready? Here we go.


Recap of August Goals
  • Read 1 book: I read Why Don't You Write My Eulogy Now So I Can Correct It?: A Mother's Suggestions by Patricia Marx and Roz Chast. This was a quick read. I'll be sharing a review of the book soon. 
  • Try 3 new recipes: This was a fail. I only tried one recipe. I made a breakfast sandwich, and it was delicious. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't accomplish this goal. I really got to get back on track with meal planning. 
  • Complete 1 Skillshare class: This was a fail. I'm still taking Meera Lee Patel's Skillshare class. I should finish the course in a few days. 
  • Practice Italian on Duolingo 5 days a week: Honestly, I didn't really keep track of this. I'm going to call this a pass because I am pleased with how often I practiced. I really love Duolingo, and learning a new language has been so much fun.
  • Make art 3 days a week: I also didn't really keep track of this, but I'm going to go ahead and call this a pass. I made a bunch of projects in August. I worked in my sketchbook/journal, made a mini travelers notebook/art journal, and prepped my notebook for this upcoming 30 Days of Lists. I also tried a few new art supplies, and it's been great. 

September Goals
  • Read 2 books
  • Try 2 new recipes
  • Complete 1 Skillshare class
  • Stay active 3 days a week
  • Work on 30 Days of Lists challenge
  • Work in my sketchbook every day

What are your goals for September?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash

15 comments

  1. My daughter is obsessed with Duolingo. She's trying to learn Spanish and use it as a bonus to her Spanish class since her teacher last year was the worst. She's got a new one this year and she's afraid she is going to be so behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Duolingo. It's such an amazing resource. I hope she does well in Spanish this year. I think using Duolingo will definitely help.

      Delete
  2. Some months are just tougher than others, but I think checking off a few goals is great. Good luck with all of your September ones!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I hope you accomplish your goals this month.

      Delete
  3. One of my goals for September is to make time for creative writing and to continue some of August goals which was to spend less time on FB, drink more water, write in my gratitude journal daily.
    Good luck with your September goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to add drink more water to my list. I've been so terrible with that. I love that you have a gratitude journal.

      Delete
  4. What is this thirty days of lists challenge? Is there somewhere I can read up more on that?
    I'm so sad summer is over - it was like 6 weeks for us and now it already feels like fall and winter is not far behind it. I've decided I'm hibernating this year, that's all there is to it. LOL.

    Good luck with your goals this month, Emily. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I thought I linked 30 Days of Lists. I'm glad you were able to find it.

      Delete
  5. Nevermind, I googled the 30 days of lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your September goal list sounds doable! Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I'm able to cross everything off my list.

      Delete
  7. Excellent objectives! Thanks for reminding me about Duolingo. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome. Is there a language that you've been wanting to learn?

      Delete
  8. Huh... I really thought I commented on this post before, but maybe not! That book sounds so cute and a perfect gift for a new mom or mom-to-be. Trying 2 new recipes should be on my list too; I was slacking in that department all summer. I don't really understand the 30 Days of Lists Challenge, but looking forward to seeing how it's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I've been struggling with meal planning which has been affecting my goal for trying new recipes. Here's to hoping that we can actually try some new recipes this month.

      Delete