Wednesday, September 4, 2019

What I Read in August

Happy Wednesday. Last month was so busy since the boys started school. I almost didn't accomplish my reading goal. Luckily, I was able to start and finish a book on the last day of August. It almost felt like "cheating" because it was such a quick read.

I also read a couple of blog posts and articles. Honestly, there weren't that many pieces that I read that really interested me. It was a slow reading month for sure. Hopefully, this month will be better.

Well, let's check out the book that I read along with some of my favorite blog posts and articles from August.

Must Read



I saw this book at Barnes and Noble during their Mother's Day sales event, but I ended up purchasing it during the Barnes and Noble Book Haul event. The title of the book drew me in immediately and made me laugh, so I knew that it was going to be a good one.

This was such a quick read. As I said before, I read it on the last day of August...in less than an hour. I loved the illustrations. Some of the advice was hilarious. I felt that the book was a bit too short, and it left me wanting more. Most of the advice was just one or two sentences long. I think this was a great collaboration between Marx and Chast. I hope they work together soon.

Blog Posts I Loved in August

Summer's Wild Abandon by Anne Butera

3 Family Friendly Breakfasts on the Go by Erin (Loved the breakfast sandwich recipe!)

Christine's Year of 100/Month "Fun Things" Budget

People are Committed to Being Miserable AF by Steph

Jil Larson's For the Love of Grids, Washi, and Books

Maya Singleton's A Letter on Therapy

What did you read in August?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

10 comments

  1. Ok that book sounds really funny and a perfect present for Mother's Day! Definitely adding it :) I've been off my blog-reading game this month so I appreciate this short list of ones to check out- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome. I hope you get to catch up on some reading. I'm currently behind reading some blogs too. I have way too many blog posts to catch up on.

      Delete
  2. OMG that book sounds amazing :) LOL, will have to check that one out, and who doesn't love a short read that you can complete in an hour?? Sounds like my kind of book!

    Hope you're having a great start to September, and here's to better reading material ahead! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love short reads. I'm so excited to read this month.

      Delete
  3. These all sound like some great reads! I read a couple of fluffy summer themed books which makes me want to go lay on the beach somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a really fun book. I'll have to check it out. And thanks for recommending these blog posts. I can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Let me know which ones you like.

      Delete
  5. I've seen this one around - it does seem like it should be a bit longer, but I think I'd enjoy it too.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely needs to be a bit longer. I'm pretty sure it was under 100 pages.

      Delete