Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Valentine's Day Cards Part IV

Hello! I have been sharing Valentine's Day cards that I have been making over the past few weeks. You can check my previous cards herehere, and here. Today, I want to share another batch of cards that I made.


I made three cards a few days ago, using supplies that I have had for a long time. The only items that were new are the papers from Crate Paper's new line, Hello Love and my Recollections Valentine's Day stamp set.


I really, really love this card. As soon as I saw that "Owl always love you!" sentiment, I knew that I would have to add an owl. Luckily, I still have all of the owl wood veneers that I got in a previous Freckled Fawn kit. I also used some puffy stickers that I received in a RAK/Swap group that I am in.


I decided to keep this card a bit simple and just add a few word strips and some glitter hearts. I also added a felt border strip at the top. I am still trying to get used to using felt in my projects. It's not my favorite item to work with, but I'm trying to challenge myself to make projects with items that I do not normally use.


For my last card, I wanted to use pink, red, and black on my card. I ended up using some pink hearts at the top. I love that the colors look like watercolors. Then I added a "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment in the middle of the card. At the bottom of the card, I used some more puffy stickers as well as a rubber sticker. Using rubber stickers is another item that I normally do not work with, but I'm very glad that I did.

You may notice that I have been using my February 2015 Freckled Fawn a lot. I have been holding onto this kit because I love so many of the items, but I really need to start using them instead of just letting them sit on my desk.

Supplies Used:

Are you making any Valentine's Day cards or projects?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment