Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Valentine's Day Cards Part III

Hello! I have been sharing some Valentine's Day cards that I have been making over the past couple of weeks. You can check my previous blog posts on the cards here and here. Today, I want to share another batch of cards that I made this past weekend.



To make these cards, I used a kit that I bought from Michaels. They have a new Recollections Valentine's Day stamp card kit that is awesome! It comes with 12 cards and envelopes, 1 clear ink pad, 10 clear stamps, 1 acrylic block and a small container of embossing powder. I have been wanting to try embossing powder on some handmade cards for a while so this was perfect. 

These cards were easy to make. All you have to do is attach the clear stamp onto the acrylic block. Then cover the stamp with the clear ink. Stamp the image onto the red card and then pour the embossing powder on top. I recommend that you use a funnel tray so that you don't make a mess and you can add the remaining powder back into the container. You can either let the powder air dry or use a heat tool to quickly dry the cards.


I really like how the cards came out. It looks simple, but the heart and the embossing powder makes the card stand out a bit. I love the red and black combo as well. You can never go wrong with red and black on Valentine's Day.

I'm almost done making all of my Valentine's Day cards. Be sure to be on the lookout for my next batch of Valentine's Day cards.

Have you made any Valentine's Day cards?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment