Saturday, September 12, 2015

First Day of School Layout and a Card

Hello! Happy Saturday! School may have started last month, but I'm still working on some layouts and other projects that are school related. Today, I want to share a layout I made that documents my son's first day of school. I also made a card as well that can be given to a teacher.



I used Me and My Big Ideas products for my layout. I love their new school collection and knew that they would be perfect for documenting both of my boys' first day of school. I love the glitter embellishments, the globe, and the mini crayons...so cute! And how adorable is my son! You may have noticed that I blurred out his teacher's name.



I really think that the glitter embellishments helps make the page "pop". I love how colorful the embellishments are. 


I love that the embellishment packs have these little flags that you can put the date in. That globe is adorable.


I made this card using mainly Me and My Big Ideas embellishments as well, but I did use some Studio Calico gems as well. First, I used a wood apple shape and used a pencil to trace the shape onto my card. Then I put the embellishments inside the traced area. Then I used my Sharpie brush tip marker and went over the outline. I think I should have used the marker as the second step, but I kept changing my mind on whether or not to use the marker. While using the marker, I accidentally made a small mark on one of the gems.

 Products Used:

*I'm playing along with the You Rule the School linky party at Paper Issues.*

Have you been working on some Back to School projects? If so, please feel free to share.

Until next time...


No comments

Post a Comment