Wednesday, June 5, 2019

What I Read In May

Last month, I accomplished my goal to read two books. I know that I definitely could have read three books, but I'm glad that I read two books. I'm hoping that this month, I can accomplish my reading goal. I really enjoy reading, but sometimes, I can't find the time to sit down and read.

I'm really excited to share what I read last month. Both of the books that I read were amazing, which made it easy to take the time to read.

Must Read


I love reading Austin Kleon's books. They always help keep me motivated and is the perfect pick-me-up. This is an excellent book for every person who wants to live a creative life or wants a little bit of inspiration. In this book, Kleon offers ten ways/rules to stay creative. I loved the quotes and illustrations that were included in the book.

This is a quick read, and you can quickly devour it in one day. However, I took my time reading this book, and I'm so glad that I did. Keep Going is part of a trilogy and I highly recommend his previous books, Steal Like an Artist and Show Your Work. You can learn more about Austin Kleon here.



I am a huge fan of Frida Kahlo. I first learned about María Hesse's book on Instagram, and the cover had me hooked. I had to read it, and I'm so glad that I did. I learned a few new things about Frida and really enjoyed the artwork. This was more of a graphic novel with illustrations by María Hesse. One of the things that I loved about the illustrations is that they were a reimagination of Kahlo's paintings. The book is in first person narrative, which made it very interesting.

I read this book in one day, and I'm sure that I will read it again and again. If you are a fan of Frida Kahlo, I highly recommend this book. You can check out María Hesse's work here.

Blog Posts I Loved in May

3 Essentials of a Killer Social Media Bio by Megan Dowd

This layout by Theresa

Vanessa's take on Get Messy's Season of Creativity

This canvas background art journal page by Anna-Karin

All Birth Stories are Beautiful by Alise

Lecy's post on collecting notebooks

A REAL Breastfeeding Experience - One Year In by Alexis from The Chemistry Cachet

Anne Butera on Slowing Down

What did you read in May?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

8 comments

  1. Great job on reading two books. Both of these sound really good!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were wonderful reads. I absolutely loved them!

      Delete
  2. Keep Going sounds like a really interesting book! Looks like some really good blog posts from various folks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep Going was an amazing book. I recommend Austin's other books as well. They are so good.

      Delete
  3. I’ve never heard of either of these books but both sound interesting: also love a read I can accomplish in one day. I’m going to be on a train later today for at least an hour so hoping to get some reading done, but you’re right: so hard to find the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not often that I read an entire book in one day lol. I loved both of the books that I read. I hope you get some reading done.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They were so good. I know I'll read them again.

      Delete