Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Michael - 9 Years Old

Dear Michael,

9 years ago today, I became a mommy. I can't believe that you are 9 years old. 9 years old! It seems just like yesterday that the nurses laid you on my arms. These 9 years have been such an adventure.

I've been reflecting so much over the past few days. There are so many memories and things to look back on these past 9 years. We have all grown and changed in these past 9 years and it has been amazing.

You have brought so much joy and love to our family. I learn something new from you every single day. You have taught me to have fun all the time and to live in the moment. You are such a funny and kind boy. I am beyond blessed and honored to be your mommy.

You may be 9 years old, but you will always be my baby. I hope you have the best birthday ever.

May you always have that never-ending energy.

May you always continue to explore.

May all your hopes and dreams come true.

Here's to many more birthdays, my sweet boy.

We love you to the moon and back.

6 comments

  1. Aw, I love this! Happy Birthday to Michael!! I hope it's a wonderful day. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! How quickly they grow! Happy birthday to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so scary how quickly they grow. Mine will be 4 next month and even though it's not as old as 9 I have no idea where those 4 years have gone. I'm with you in remembering having my daughter placed in my arms for the first time...magical and terrifying all at once! Oh, and happy birthday Michael, hope it was a good one. Double figures next year! ARGH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I was nearly in tears...I'm sure I will be crying next year when he's 10. The years go by so fast.

      Delete