Monday, May 6, 2019

What I Read in April

Last month, I didn't accomplish my goal to read two books, but I am happy to say that I read one book. I am slowly getting back to reading at least one book a month. I'm still finding bits of time to read which has helped me get closer to accomplishing my reading goals.

Before I start to ramble, let's check out the book I read as well as the blog posts that I loved.

Must Read


I Really Didn't Think This Through: Tales from My So-Called Adult Life by Beth Evans

I enjoyed reading this book. Beth has dealt with OCD, depression, anxiety, and self-harm. This book is not a self-help book, but she did offer some ways that helped her personally cope with some of the issues that she deals with in her life. The only problem that I had was the layout of the text and the illustrations. A lot of the illustrations was mixed in with the words. Some of the pictures were on the next page with the text being on the other side. I had to either flip back to the pages to see the illustrations or read the story first.

Blog Posts I Loved in April

Sara's piece on Toddler Induced Anxiety

Vanessa's 30 Days of Lists mini album

Taylor's piece on faith, religion, and a few other things

Embracing the Hot Mess by Jen

Sunny Days Travelers Notebook Ideas


What did you read in April?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

10 comments

  1. Sorry the formatting was a bit weird, but otherwise, this sounds like a really intriguing book!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had time to read a book for a while, but I really need to. I do read a lot of blog posts, but I'm interested to read some of the ones you mentioned. I love the title of the book you read...great review too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I read a lot of blog posts too, but I'm so glad that I've been trying to read at least one book every month.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like an interesting read, I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read it, please let me know what you think.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a really interesting book, even though it was organized a little strangly. I read quite a few books last month, and my reviews will be posted tomorrow, but one highlight was a book all about the maps featured in books. It was so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read your reviews. The book about the maps sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out.

      Delete
  5. I didn't read enough last month! Hoping to turn that around this month though :) Need to start making my rounds again with all the you amazing blogger friends who always share the best reads! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your reading goals. I hope you have a great week.

      Delete