Monday, April 29, 2019

Weekend Recap

Is it just me or did this month just seem to go by so fast? How in the world is it the last week of April? Anyways, I hope you all had a great weekend. It's been a while since I shared a weekend recap so I thought it'd be fun to share one today.

Friday

Friday was such a busy day. We took Michael to the Urgent Care, but luckily he is doing fine. He was even able to go back to school that same day. I had to make a lot of phone calls. If you know me, then you know that I hate talking on the phone. I made a few appointments, answered some emails, and got a ton of laundry done.

Saturday

It was such a gorgeous Saturday. It felt like Spring, and the weather was fantastic. There was no way that we were going to stay in the house. We finally went to the library after not going in the past month. Luckily, my boys always get to pick books from school to take home, so they still read. After we went to the library, we went to a playground that we hadn't gone to since Michael and Gabriel were babies. We are so lucky that we live in an area that has tons of cool playgrounds. This particular playground is a bit farther away from our home, but it's such a good one. There's lots of equipment for kids of all ages. Raphael is now big enough to fit on the baby swings, and he had such a blast playing in it.



Sunday

I had a slow start on Sunday, but that quickly changed once I had some coffee. Every Sunday morning, I read Post Secrets. It's one of my favorite Sunday rituals. After reading Post Secrets, I did a load of laundry and also baked some banana nut and chocolate chip bread. It was delicious! Then I put some bags that I need to donate in the trunk of my car.  I worked on some blog posts and also read some blogs. The boys had a lot of fun playing games, watching a couple of movies, and reading.


I also decided to meal prep, and now I have dinner for most of the week. I've been trying to work on meal planning. I don't know why it took me this long to pick a day and cook a big batch of food. I may start batch cooking every week. I'm going to save a lot of time and money by doing this.

Overall, we had a wonderful weekend. Here's to hoping that this week is a great one!

How was your weekend?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time,

4 comments

  1. I am a huge advocate of meal planning and prep! I really do think it helps save money and time but also makes the weekdays SO much easier! Even if I'm still cooking every night, it's nice to have things chopped and/or an easy reheat. My fridge broke this weekend and while I'm waiting for my apartment complex to fix/replace it, I can't do much prep which is a bit of a bummer and is making meals quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Meal planning and prep definitely helps save money and time. This past week has been so much easier. I'm sorry to hear that your fridge broke and hope it gets fixed soon.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Raphael is so adorable in that swing! My nieces and nephew LOVE parks, so I'm hoping to bring them to one or two "new" ones (new for them).

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It was such a lovely weekend. I hope you get to take your nieces and nephew to the park soon.

      Delete