Monday, April 22, 2019

A Creative Evolution

I've just recently realized that I am going through a season of change and evolution. This is especially true with my art and writing. I've noticed these changes thanks to the current season of Get Messy. This month's theme is Season of Failure. I'm really enjoying this season and have slowly been working on some projects. I have not been creating every day. However, when I do, I have been gravitating towards techniques and items that I do not normally use. Honestly, it's been hard to try new things and use some of the products that I recently purchased. I wouldn't say that I'm a hoarder, but I've definitely been holding on to some art and craft supplies that were just too perfect to use.

This season of Get Messy has made me use those items and things that I probably wouldn't ever use. A few days ago, I made a layout using Crate Paper's latest collection, All Heart. The collection is gorgeous and is chock full of things that I don't normally use in my papercraft and journaling. If you've seen my layouts then you would know that I rarely use florals, pastels, and soft colors in my projects.  I tend to use bright and colorful products. But I decided to just let go and try a bunch of new stuff. Creativity takes courage.

Below is the layout that I made.


I used so many things that I rarely use in this layout. This was the first time that I used lace in a project. I also chose to use a kraft colored patterned paper from the All Heart 6x8 paper pad. There's also quite a bit of pink in this layout. I usually avoid using all of these things in my projects. I even used two selfies. If you know me then you know that I don't take a lot of selfies. In fact, I did not like how those two photos turned out. However, I decided to use them anyways.

As always, I added journaling and used my date stamp. I don't think that will ever change. It's just part of my style and is essential to my work.


The journaling says:

I am going through a season of change. I've been evolving especially when it comes to my art and writing. This evolution is good and so needed in my life, but it has been so intimidating. It's been somewhat difficult, but I'm so glad that I'm letting go and taking risks. It's been a learning experience and one that I don't regret.


I added a quote by Frida Kahlo. She is my favorite artist of all time. Lately, I've been so inspired by her work. Frida forever!


Have you ever noticed that you have been evolving? Have you ever gone through a season of change? Did you embrace it?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

4 comments

  1. I didn't used to embrace seasons of change, but I've started to now that I'm older. I hope that this current season of change for you is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I really like the lace you used. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the texture that it added to my layout.

      Delete