Thursday, March 24, 2016

Day At The Zoo Layout

Hey! Hey! Today, I'm so excited to share this layout. As soon as I got my Freckled Fawn kit, I knew it would be perfect to document our trip to the zoo. I do want to apologize for the photos. The lighting was terrible.


I primarily used my Freckled Fawn kit for this layout. I also used some distress markers which is the first time that I have used them on a layout.


To make this layout, I used my Recollections Zoo-Vicious stamp set to stamp some animals. Once the images were stamped, I adhered my photo in the center and then added some strips of washi tape at the top and bottom of the photo. Then I added some enamel dots in the empty spaces. I added my title using some puffy stickers. For some extra decoration, I added two transparency clouds and a sunburst wood veneer. Below is a close up of the title and journaling.


How cute are those puffy stickers? I love the white and gold combo.

Quick Tip: If you decide to use stamping in your layout, I would suggest that you think about whether you want to use markers, watercolor, or colored pencils. This is super important especially if you choose to use watercolors in the end. I was going to use watercolors, but ended up just using my distress markers. I realized that once I put everything down, it would probably be hard to watercolor without getting stuff messy. To be on the safe side, I used my distress markers because I didn't want to risk getting any of the embellishments wet. If you use watercolor on your images first then you can try to hide any mistakes with other embellishments.


Supplies Used:
  • Freckled Fawn Kit-March 2016
  • Sharpie Pen
  • Distress Markers
  • Recollections Zoo-Licious Stamp Set
  • Tombow Xtreme Adhesive
  • Heidi Swapp Date Stamp
  • Ruler
  • Ranger Archival Ink Pad
  • Acrylic Block

Have you made any layouts this week?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment