Sunday, December 6, 2015

Black Friday Shopping

Hey! Hey! Thanksgiving and Black Friday is over which means that Christmas is just around the corner. I meant to blog about my Black Friday experience last week, but I have been so busy and everything has been hectic since just a few days before Thanksgiving. Holidays...they are awesome, but can really make you get behind on stuff. Oh and just a heads up...this post is a bit long.

I was never interested in Black Friday. That's right...never. I usually try to get my shopping done before Thanksgiving so I never have a need to go out and buy all the things on Black Friday or the few days after that. I may sound crazy, but I usually start my shopping around September and sometimes I even purchase things the day after Christmas (presents for next Christmas). However, this year was different. This year, I decided to go shopping on Thanksgiving night (pre-Black Friday?) and on Black Friday. The place that we wanted to go to the most was Old Navy.

Old Navy- My husband and I went to Old Navy and took advantage of their 50% off everything sale. Seriously it was an amazing sale! We really needed some new winter and workout clothes. My husband got several pairs of jeans, a coat, some shirts...he seriously needed some new clothes. I needed some new leggings, yoga pants (I didn't find any), workout shirts, two sweaters and I got a pair of ankle booties. I came back the next day because I needed an extra pair of leggings and also bought a scarf. We also bought our shirts for our Christmas photos.

Tuesday Morning- I had been eyeing these goodies for a few weeks now and decided to treat myself. I really needed some roller stamps since the ones that I had only had dates. 


Michaels- I have been making a lot of cards so I decided to stock up on a few packs of cards. I also bought some gemstones for some Christmas cards that I need to make.


Barnes and Noble- I took advantage of the sales that Barnes and Noble had. I have been wanting to purchase Stephen King's new book since it came out. Since I am a Barnes and Noble member, I was able to get 40% off the book (hardcover books are 40% off for members, 30% off for nonmembers) plus I was able to use a 30% off coupon on the book as well. Magazines were also 30% off so I bought The Food Network magazine.


John and I have only recently started watching Game of Thrones. We watched seasons 1 and 2 a few weeks ago and were considering purchasing the third season. The next day, I realized that we could get discounts on DVDs since I'm a member of Barnes and Noble. The DVD was 30% off and I was able to add another 30% off coupon on top of the discount so I purchased it.


So how was my Black Friday shopping experience? It was awesome! I was nervous about going to Old Navy because I always heard about people running around all over the place and fighting for stuff and deals. And I just can't even...it's insane that people do that. However, everyone was kind and  seemed very organized. No stampedes, not a single fight...just a bunch of people shopping. There was a lot of people at Michaels, but the employees had everything so organized. As usual, there's usually not a lot of people at Tuesday Morning and I was out of that store in less than 10 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of people in Barnes and Noble. I was expecting it to be crowded, but it wasn't. I wonder if that's because I got there around 8 am. I did go to the mall and Toys R Us, but I purchased gift cards. It was crowded at the mall and Toys R Us, but I was out of the mall and Toys R Us in less than 10 minutes. I went to Walmart and found some yoga pants and was out in less than 20 minutes.

So will I ever shop again on Black Friday or the next few days after that? I probably will especially if Old Navy has a deal like that again or if we really need something from there. If I ever have to go to Walmart during Black Friday weekend, I will definitely go the route that I did and just go there on Saturday or Sunday. One thing is for sure, I will always start my Christmas shopping in advance. It's so awesome that I didn't have to go to a ton of stores to buy gifts because we already got everything for everyone else.

Did you go Black Friday shopping? How was your experience?

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment