Monday, February 3, 2020

January Reflections + February Goals

Happy Monday! The first month (and possibly the longest month ever) of the year has now passed. Last month was such a great month. I celebrated my 29th birthday (and celebrated all month long), went on two dates with John, spent time with my family, took time for myself (yay for self-care!), and just took time to enjoy the new year and new month. Last month, I found myself thinking a lot about life, love, loss, and work. There were just so many things to reflect on. I made a post on Instagram about reflecting on January.

As for my goals for January, I'll be honest and say that I didn't accomplish a lot of goals. However, I did get a lot of stuff done (I had a lot of smaller goals and to-do's) so I don't feel too disappointed.

Well, let's check out which goals I accomplished last month, which ones I didn't, and my new goals for February.


Recap of January Goals
  • Read 1 book: I read two books last month! I read Heart Talk by Cleo Wade and Dear Martin by Nic Stone. Both of these books were so good. I highly recommend them. I will post a review of both of these books soon.
  • Take 1 Skillshare class: I completely forgot to renew my membership which caused me to forget to take a class on Skillshare. 
  • Work in my journal: I didn't work in my journal as much as I would have liked so I'm considering this a fail. I did work on other creative projects like my Project Life album, but I was really hoping to get some work done in my journal/sketchbook.
  • Work on my art memoir project: This was a fail. I have all of my supplies out and ready so I can work on this project. For some reason, I just couldn't work on it. 
  • Declutter my closets: Yikes! I forgot to do this as well. I did declutter a few other things so I don't feel too bad.  
February Goals
  • Read 1 book
  • Work in my journal
  • Work on my art memoir project
  • Stay active (and keep track of it)
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Work on 1 Awesome Ladies Project prompt or class every week

What are your goals for February?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


4 comments

  1. Yay for reading two books. Dear Martin is on my to-read list! I really need to start working on my own Project Life album.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing more about the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals for the month. I love all the creative projects you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals for February. I love that you kept some of the (failed) goals from January, because they'll be achieved eventually ;)

    ReplyDelete