Tuesday, January 7, 2020

This Is 29 - Birthday Recap

Happy Tuesday! I'm a little late with sharing a birthday recap, but I've now realized that it's probably going to happen every year. Since my birthday is in the first week of January, I always give myself some grace. The new year may have already started, but after my birthday passes is when everything seems to settle down. I guess you could say that the new year for me begins on January 6.

So my birthday was on Sunday, but I actually started celebrating it since January 1st. John and I had a date night on New Year's Day, and we were finally able to watch Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The day before my birthday, I went to the salon and got my hair done.


On Sunday, John and I went to Street Taco for a little date. I can't believe that we went on two dates in one week! That rarely happens.



Oh, my goodness! Look at those delicious quesadillas! If you ever visit Street Taco, I highly recommend the chicken quesadillas. They are amazing and very filling. The Blackened Shrimp Tacos are also delicious. It's also a great place to have dinner with the entire family.


After brunch, we walked around the Marietta Square and checked out some of the murals. The Marietta mural is my favorite. The colors are so bold and look beautiful.




After our date, we continued to celebrate my birthday at Mami's house. We all had such a great time. Of course, we ended the day with a Carvel ice cream cake. Carvel cakes are my favorite cakes. I swear I can eat an entire ice cream cake by myself.


Overall, I had a great weekend and a wonderful birthday. I'm still going to celebrate my birthday all month. I think there might even be a little giveaway on the blog so be on the lookout for that. I would like to thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I felt so loved reading the messages that I received.

How was your weekend?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

6 comments

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! My brother's was January 4th. That's great you had a few celebrations already, and got to go out on TWO dates with your husband. Speaking of, I don't know if I've seen a photo of your husband...you two are so cute! I hope 29 is an awesome year for you, and you should totally celebrate all month long. I'm currently 29, but I turn 30 in May!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad that John and I were able to go on two dates. That almost never happens in a month.

      Delete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday. I am so glad you got out and celebrated. And that you will continue all month long LOL . Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun birthday celebration! I can't wait to go see the Star Wars movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you get to see the movie soon.

      Delete