Sunday, June 30, 2024

June 2024 // A List

1. June felt like the longest month ever, and for that, I am thankful. June is one of my favorite months because of how slowly time passes. Sure, January (another one of my favorite months and my birthday month) also seems to pass by slowly, but I love the slow passage of time in June. 

2. June was an absolute dream. Our days were filled with adventure and trying new things. My heart is full just thinking about it.

3. We took the boys to Funbox and had a blast bouncing around in the inflatable park. It was so much fun. Despite it being a hot day, everyone had a great time. We cooled down with some Italian ice and lots of water.

4. John and I went on a date to the Atlanta Botanical Garden. It's weird that it was our first time going there since it's not too far from us. We loved the Alice in Wonderland floral sculptures. However, my favorite exhibit is the Earth Goddess.

5. I visited our local Farmer's Market almost every Sunday and absolutely loved it. I'm currently obsessed with the authentic French pastries and bread that one of the vendors, Bonnin's Bakery, sells.

6. We went to a new-to-us restaurant, The Corner Taqueria. It's now our go-to spot, and I was delighted to find that they have fried ice cream on their dessert menu.

7. Speaking of fried ice cream, so much of it was consumed in June.

8. We took the boys to play at the newly renovated downtown square. I love that they added a playground and a splash pad. There's also a large amount of green space that's perfect for picnics.

9. I visited a new-to-me local coffee shop, Cafe Lucia, and really liked it. Their sandwiches are great, and I love their seasonal menu. Their Paradise coffee is pure perfection.

10. I attended an Atlanta Mom event for tacos and margaritas at Bartaco. I had a blast hanging out with some of the Atlanta Mom contributors. 

11. We had a few doctor's appointments throughout June. However, I'm glad I finally made my appointments and went to them. I always procrastinate when it comes to making my own appointments. It's a habit I'm trying to break.

12. Pool season is one of my favorite things about summer. We spent a lot of our time at the pool. John and the boys usually dive right in, but I tend to take my time. 

13. We tried Chiptole for the first time. It was alright, but it also wasn't my favorite. 

14. Raphael's pea plant is growing! We had to buy a bigger pot and a trellis for it. I think I'm more excited about this plant than John and the boys.

15. I won a Taylor Swift cake from Smallcakes! I was honestly surprised that I won, but so very excited. 

16. We finally got the entire downstairs of our home painted, and I'm so happy with how it looks. The day before the painters came, we did a deep cleaning and tossed out a lot of stuff. Thankfully, we were also able to donate some stuff. 

17. While the painters did their job, we took the boys to see Inside Out 2. 10/10 highly recommend. On another note, it felt strange going to the movies. I hadn't gone to the movies since Covid first happened in 2020. 

18. I redecorated our dining room and love how it looks. I can't stop going to the dining room and admiring how it looks.

19. Although it's summer, I love that Michaels has their Halloween collection out. I'm so excited for autumn.

20. June was such an eventful month, and I'm sad it's over. Here's to July, and I hope it's just as fun-filled as June.

No comments

Post a Comment