Friday, June 28, 2024

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week

Happy Friday! Today, I'm linking up with Charlotte, Lindsay, and Beth for their weekly grateful and happy list link-up.



1. On Monday, we had painters come and paint the entire downstairs area and the walls of the staircase of our home. It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do to a home. It looks great, and the rooms look so much more spacious.

2. Since our home was being painted, John and I took the boys to see Inside Out 2. Just like the first movie, this one was absolutely amazing. There were tons of funny moments and a couple of moments that had me tearing up. 

3. The night before the painters arrived, John and I tossed out some stuff before the painters came. Cleaning up made me want to go on a decluttering spree. So, the day after the painting was done, I went through all of my craft supplies so that I could either donate or toss out many things. I was so excited to clear up space and a little disgusted at how much stuff I had. I decided that anything I've had for several years would get donated or thrown out. I was able to donate three giant boxes of craft supplies that I no longer used, and I threw out at least two huge bags of things. 

4. We also reorganized our kitchen and love how it looks. I don't know why we took so long to do this.

5. We went to our current favorite restaurant, The Corner Taqueria, for dinner and had a lovely time. While waiting for a table to clear up, we went for a little walk and took the boys to a nearby playground. For dessert, we got fried ice cream (my current favorite treat).

6. I got my order of art supplies from Get Messy. I can't wait to use the stencils, paint set, and brush pen. Random note: I'm really impressed with their customer service. They forgot to include an item I purchased, and within an hour or two of sending an email regarding the issue, they immediately shipped me the item that day.

7. Going through my old craft supplies inspired me to look at some older creative team galleries from Studio Calico's website. I have a ridiculous amount of kits and other supplies that I need to use, so I'm grateful for the inspiration.

8. I went to Michaels and was so excited to see they already started putting up Halloween decorations and supplies. Now, I want to put up a Halloween tree. 

9. Raphael's pea plant is still growing, and there's a pod! We had to buy a bigger pot and a trellis. I'm not sure why I'm so excited, but I am. 

10. We hung up some new curtains in our bay window, and I love how it looks! It's so cozy and makes me want to read there all the time.


What made you happy this week?


Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

2 comments

  1. I found your happy list via FB Exhale. =) I agree about the freshly painted walls and newly organized spaces! I'm sure it feels like a whole new place! Congrats and lovely list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! It really does feel like a new place.

      Delete