Monday, September 5, 2022

September Goals

Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day! I can't believe it's already September, but I'm so glad September is here. August was a hectic month. It was full of changes and surprises and included an unexpected and unwelcome disaster towards the end of the month. 

Last month, the boys started school, and I rejoined the workforce after being a stay-at-home mom for years. It's been an adventure, and I'm really excited. I've also been writing a bit more, and I plan to submit a few things to a writing community I just joined. 

I'm hoping that this month, I can get the hang of my new schedule. It's been a bit of an adjustment, but nothing too stressful. I realized that I shouldn't have set up too many goals in August because it's always a busy month. Many of my goals are either forgotten, or I simply don't work on several of them. This time around, it was a combination of the two. 



Recap of August Goals
  • Read 5 books: I read 26 books in August. I probably could have read a lot more, but it was a busy month. Some of the books I read were short stories, children's books, graphic novels, and poetry. My favorite book of the month was Spells for Forgetting by Adrienne Young.
  • Read and review 3 books from Netgalley: I read and reviewed four books I received from Netgalley. I read Artemis Made Me Do It by Trista Mateer, A Pros and Cons List for Strong Feelings by Will Betke-Brunswick, Odder by Katherine Applegate, and Spells for Forgetting by Adrienne Young.
  • Try 1 new recipe: I made some hot chocolate using the new Swiss Miss Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cinnamilk. I added a few ingredients and absolutely loved it. 
  • Complete 1 half-finished memory-keeping project: All my creative memory-keeping projects took a back seat in August. I did make a layout, but I didn't work on my Project Life album (I'm really far behind on that), and I still haven't completed my Christmas traveler's notebooks.
  • Continue to work on my Little Summer Joy mini-album: I didn't work on my Little Summer Joy mini-album, and at one point, I considered changing the format. It's a little too late for that, so I will continue making my mini-album.
  • Complete the ALP's 30 Days of Showing up challenge: I'm a little bummed that I didn't complete the ALP's 30 Days of Showing up challenge. I completed a few prompts, but I didn't finish them all. 
  • Drink more water: I did not drink enough water in August. This is most likely due to having a new schedule and trying to adjust to it. I've definitely had a lot more coffee than I usually do.
  • Get back to an exercise routine/Stay active: I'm counting my new job as staying active. My job requires me to move around a lot, and I actually noticed that I did lose a couple of pounds! So hooray for that! I'm still going for walks in the mornings. 

September Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read and review 3 books from Netgalley
  • Try 2 new recipes
  • Complete 1 half-finished memory-keeping project
  • Complete my Little Summer Joy mini-album
  • Complete at least 5 prompts from the ALP's 30 Days of Showing up challenge
  • Drink more water
  • Publish two personal pieces on the blog


What are your goals for September? How did you do in August?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Brigitte Tohm on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment