Friday, June 2, 2023

June Goals

Happy Friday! My oh my, how time flies by! Can you believe it's already June? May was such a hectic month. There were so many events and last minute planning for those events. The month of May marked several changes for my family.

My youngest son will be in kindergarten, my middle son will be going to middle school, and my oldest son will be in his last year at middle school. I thought a lot about how my boys are getting older especially since Michael is now a teenager. A teenager! I still find myself in disbelief that my baby is a teenager. 

We had a blast celebrating Michael's birthday and we also got to celebrate my nephew's birthday as well. I had a great Mother's Day and enjoyed relaxing. Overall, May was a great month, but I'm so looking forward to June.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my family, going to the pool, going on some adventures, eating all the seasonal foods including s'mores and ice cream floats, and reading a bunch of books. I'm really looking forward to getting some much needed rest. This year (and the school year) has been a year filled with big changes and milestones. At times, I felt a little overwhelmed yet happy and grateful.

Now that it's a new month, I'm looking forward to having some extra time to actually focus on my goals. Now that I've mentioned my goals, let's recap on how I did with my monthly goals in May and check out my new goals for June.

Recap of May Goals

  • Read and review 3 books I received from Netgalley: I didn't accomplish this goal, but I did read and review 2 books from Netgalley. I read This Country: Searching for Home in (Very) Rural America by Navied Mahdavian. This was an interesting graphic memoir about Navied's life in rural Idaho. He writes and draws about living off the grid with his wife, their struggle to conceive, and ultimately when they have their baby girl. He also discusses his struggles as an artist. The book also touches on topics such as his culture and identity in America. I also read Creative Wanderlust by Kasia Avery. I'm a fan of Kasia's work so I was excited to read her book. I loved the prompts and learning new techniques to try in my art journal.

  • Read 2 books I borrowed from the library: I read How Not to Drown in a Glass of Water by Angie Cruz and it was amazing! The first sentence immediately got my attention and the story did not disappoint. I also read Above Ground by Clint Smith. This was an excellent book and was absolutely my favorite book of the month.

  • Gather and donate clothes: I was so happy to get this done. I was amazed at how much clothes we have accumulated in just a short amount of time. I was able to gather and pack 3 boxes of clothes in total. 

  • Try 1 new recipe: I can't remember if I did try a new recipe so I'm just going to assume that I didn't try a new recipe. 

  • Participate in Exhale's May blog hop: I was able to participate in this month's blog hop. You can check out my piece here.

  • Participate in Messy May: I read a few of the prompts, but sadly, I didn't make anything related to Messy May. I hate saying that I was too busy, but to be honest, I simply was too busy. 

  • Work on my One Little Word lessons: I went back and read all of the posts and prompts for the previous months. However, I didn't make any layouts or journal. I'm considering this goal to be partially completed. since I did read through all the posts and prompts.

  • Continue to work on my 2023 Project Life album: I've ordered a bunch of photos and used multiple kits to work on a ton of layouts. So far, it's going well and I'm hopeful that I will be able to be caught up on my 2023 album.

  • Participate in Week in the Life: I'm so happy to say that I did participate in Week in the Life. Although I didn't document my week on the set date for the project, I wanted to document the first week of May. And I'm so glad that I was able to. I decided to keep everything in my Project Life album rather than make a separate album and it was honestly a good idea. 

June Goals
  • Read and review 2 books I received from Netgalley
  • Read 2 books I borrowed from the library
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Drink more water
  • Complete at least 2 One Little Word lessons
  • Work in my sketchbook
  • Continue to work on my 2023 Project Life album


What are your goals for June? How did you do in May?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


No comments

Post a Comment