Friday, June 9, 2023

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week

Happy Friday! Today I'm linking up with Charlotte, Lindsay, and Beth for their weekly grateful and happy list link-up.


1. I submitted an essay to Coffee + Crumbs! One of my goals for the year was to submit an essay to a publication. Fingers crossed that my essay gets published. However, I'm so excited that I found the courage to submit something. 


2. It's ice cream season, and I found some cheesecake ice cream bars at the grocery store. I had no idea that the Cheesecake Factory even had ice cream bars at stores, so this was a real treat.


3. I finished reading Time Is a Mother by Ocean Vuong and loved this poetry collection. One of the poems that I keep thinking about is Amazon History of a Former Nail Salon Worker.


4. I finally went to my doctor's appointment, and it went well. I wasn't dreading it as much as I thought I would. It's probably because my doctor is amazing.


5. I treated myself to some breakfast at Einstein Bros. I love their All-Nighter breakfast sandwich. I also tried their new strawberry and cream strudel. Now I'm on the hunt for a really good strawberry and cream strudel recipe.


6. I have been listening to Shrines by Echos on repeat. In fact, I highly recommend listening to the entire album, Even Though You're Gone. There are some great songs, including Guest Room and Saints.


7. Another order of photos from Persnickety Prints was delivered, and I continued to work on my Project Life album. I also received my order from Studio Calico. This week was a great week for creating and making layouts.


8. These words by Melissa Kitsch. I have been so inspired by the members of Exhale. This community has inspired me to write more.


9. Visiting Mami. I live close to my mother and am so grateful for that. It makes visiting her easy, and it's nice to catch up with her and converse face-to-face.


10. Decluttering my inbox. Oh my goodness! I had an insane amount of emails and finally deleted them. I went from almost 2,000 (don't ask me why I let it get to that point) to just under 500. I will continue to work on that, but I'm glad that I could get it somewhat under control. 


What made you happy this week?


Thanks for visiting!


Until next time...

1 comment