Monday, June 19, 2023

Just Five Things



1. The first day of summer is on Wednesday, and I'm excited. For us, summer begins once school lets out, but there's just something about actually celebrating the official first day of the season. I'm not sure what we will do to celebrate the official first day of summer, especially since it's supposed to rain all week, but I'm sure I'll think of something.


2. Today, I went to get an SNS manicure, and I absolutely love it! I've been getting acrylics for a few months now to let my nails grow out. I prefer short nails, so getting the SNS manicure was perfect. The entire process seemed much more gentle than getting acrylics.


3. While I was at the nail salon, a song was playing that I absolutely loved. Every time I go to the salon, this song plays, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember the song's name or the singer. I finally found out the name of the song. It's Good Love by Anita Baker. Do. Not. Judge. Me! I can't believe that I couldn't remember the name of this song or that Anita Baker sings it.


4. Today, I heard about a missing tourist submarine en route to the Titanic wreckage. I really hope that the five people onboard make it back home safely. Hearing about the missing submarine caused me to go into a Wikipedia wormhole, and I found myself researching missing submarines. I'm so surprised at how many submarines have been lost; some even have nuclear bombs on them! 


5. I'm in a creative rut even though I have all these ideas. I have so many things that I want to work on, but I've been focusing a lot on writing and working on my sketchbook/art journal. And even then, I have struggled to write down words and work on my sketchbook. I'm not sure what to do to get over this creative rut, but I hope it ends soon because it's been stressing me out.




Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Irina Iriser on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment