Wednesday, July 3, 2019

What I Read in June

Happy Wednesday! Last month, I didn't accomplish my reading goal. I wanted to read two books, but I was only able to read one book. I almost read two books, but I really took my time with the second book. Honestly, last month was just a slow month. I read a lot of blog posts and articles, but there were not a lot of pieces that really caught my attention.

Hopefully, I can accomplish my goal for July. Below is the book that I read as well as the list of blog posts that I loved in June.

Must Read

Heart Talk by Cleo Wade

I loved this book! I bought this book a couple of months ago, but finally found the time to sit down and read it. Honestly, I read this book at the perfect time, so it meant so much more to me. I loved that Cleo included some poems and notes in the margins of the book. I loved the little pep talks and motivational notes. There's also relatable advice that is perfect for everyone and for everyday life.

As you can see in the photo above, I even put some post-its in the book. This is a book that I plan to read over and over again.

Blog Posts I Loved in June

Sarah on being a creative

Pride Month: Free Mom Hugs by Mary

Vanessa's take on May's theme for The Painted Diaries

Vanessa's Summer Travel Supplies

Janelle's Basic Guide to Caring for Your Natural Coily-Haired Cutie

Light Reading

Cosmopolitan - July 2019 issue

It's been a while since I read a magazine. I read the entire magazine in one day. I loved reading the piece on Aubrey Plaza. I also enjoyed reading about Mercury Retrograde and the section on horoscopes.

What did you read in June?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

8 comments

  1. This sounds like a really good book! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good. I hope you get to read it soon.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing all the links. I'm glad your book was enjoyable and it's something you can keep reading.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. What was your favorite read for the month?

      Delete
  3. I read my book for book club, but that's about it. I do have three books that I just checked out from the library, so I'm hoping to get those done this month. Thanks for the review of Heart Talk. I want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome. What did you read for your book club? Is your book club in your local city or is it an online book club?

      Delete
  4. Its been so long since I’ve read a magazine cover to cover too but the summer is the perfect time to accomplish that. Also that book sounds really good! Will have to add to my list. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is definitely the best time to read so many magazines. I hope you had a great holiday.

      Delete