Thursday, September 22, 2016

Art Supply Haul

I love going to the art store. Normally, I got to Michaels or Hobby Lobby, but almost two weeks ago, I went to Blick Art Materials for the first time. And you guys...I felt like I was in heaven! Today, I thought I would share a few of the things that I have purchased from various stores throughout the month.



Hobby Lobby Purchases

Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock: I was running low on Distress watercolor cardstock. I needed to get some more because this is what I am using for my 30 Days of Lists mini album. I love the size of these cards. I also love that you can use either side of the card. One side is textured and the other side is not. I tend to use the smooth side a lot more.


Strathmore Watercolor Cards: I was running low on watercolor cards so I bought another pack. Even though I can make my own watercolor cards for greeting cards, I like to have a pack of Strathmore watercolor cards because it is convenient. It saves me time from having to measure, cut and fold watercolor paper. I don't use Strathmore watercolor cards often because there are not a lot of cards and envelopes in each pack.


Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colors Watercolor Set: So this purchase was both a need and a want. A few weeks ago, I bought a small bottle of Golden gold acrylic paint, but then realized that I did not have any gold watercolor paint. None of the watercolor sets that I have came with a gold or silver watercolor paint so I decided to look for some. I don't like using watercolors that come in the tubes so I was a excited when I found that Kuretake Gansai has a set of gold watercolors. The set even came with a silver as well which was awesome. It was a bit pricy, but I used a 40% coupon from Hobby Lobby so that dropped the price down.


Canson Watercolor Artboards: I have been debating getting these Canson watercolor artboards for a couple of months now. I hesitated for a while because I could not justify the price or the amount. This was $20 at Hobby Lobby and only came with 10 boards. I ended up buying this and used a coupon. I'm glad that I did buy it because I plan on making a painting for my little sister's birthday. So I do consider another want and need purchase.


Michaels Purchases

Winsor & Newton Cotman Watercolors: I wanted to try some "professional" watercolors so decided to buy a Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolor set. Michaels had some really awesome sales and coupons a few weeks ago, so I took advantage and bought this set. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the Cotman series are actually student grade watercolors. I was very surprised because the colors look amazing. I also like the amount of paint that comes in each pan and honestly think that they will last a long time. This was definitely a "want" purchase.


Winsor & Newton Watercolor Brush: After reading Just Add Watercolor, I realized that I did not have any brushes that can be used for fine details so I immediately bought one at Michaels.


Royal & Langnickel Brush: I have a bottle of varnish at home and found out that it would be best to have a brush that I only use for it so I bought a large brush. Since all of my brushes that I have are either for acrylic paint or watercolor paint and I do use them for that purpose, I decided that it would probably be best that I just buy an inexpensive brush for the varnish.


Blick Art Materials Purchases

Moleskine Watercolor Notebooks: I am a huge fan of Moleskine notebooks, but have never owned their watercolor notebooks. I was so surprised to find out that Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Joann do not carry Moleskine notebooks. Usually when I purchase my Moleskine notebooks, I go to Barnes and Noble. Unfortunately, my local Barnes and Noble bookstore does not carry the watercolor notebooks so I either had to buy it on their online store or just try to find it in another store. I really don't like online shopping and found out that Blick Art Materials carries the notebooks. I have never been to Blick Art Materials so I was excited to check the store out and get the watercolor notebook. I bought two watercolor notebooks and they are awesome!

Have you purchased any new art supplies?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment