Thursday, January 7, 2016

Rare Bird: A Memoir of Loss and Love--Blogging for Books Review

Hello! Hello! A while back, I received my fifth book from Blogging for Books. I chose to read and review Rare Bird by Anna Whiston-Donaldson after I had found her blog. While reading her blog, I found out that she and her family had suffered a terrible tragedy and that was the death of her son. When I found out that she had written a book, I put it on my to read list. A few weeks later, I saw that the book was on Blogging for Books and immediately requested a review copy. This book took me longer to read, but this due to me wanting to read this book slowly and just trying to go over family member's personality and how they dealt with grief.


This book is about Anna Whitston-Donaldson's family and how they are coping with Jack's death. In 2011, there was a lot of flooding in Washington, D.C. While Jack was out playing, he fell into a creek. I am not even sure if I can come up with the words to express how I felt after reading this book. This book had me in tears. I was in tears because a little boy died, in tears because of a family's pain, in tears as I was reading how this mother was coping with grief...I was just in tears. This book was heart wrenching, but this book gives you hope and faith. Anna's faith just blew me away and is something to admire. Again, I honestly don't think that I can adequately describe this book because it's such a heavy topic, but I highly recommend this book to anyone.

Have you read Rare Bird? What are you thoughts?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for this review. All opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments

Post a Comment