Thursday, January 21, 2016

Nine Handmade Cards Using My Girl Collection Pack

Hey there! On Sunday, I made a batch of cards. I didn't focus on a specific theme instead I made cards for various occasions. I think that this may be one of the few times (if not the first time) in which I didn't have a set idea or theme when it came to making cards. Usually when I make cards, I have a specific theme, holiday, event, etc. and already know which supplies I need to use. This time, I used a collection pack that I have had for a while and decided to just make whatever came to my mind.


I primarily used the My Girl collection pack from American Crafts. As you can tell by the name, this collection pack is very girly. It has lots of pink and girly elements, but I didn't want to make cards just for girls. I wanted to make a few "everyday" cards for those days when I just want to say hello to a friend. I also wanted to make cards that could be used as an anniversary card or Valentine's Day card. I also made a birthday card and a card in Spanish. 


Lately, I have been obsessed with doilies and have been using them in a lot of cards and Project Life cards. Adhering them can be a bit tricky, but I ended up using a clear glue dot runner so that nothing would show through. I love the cut apart pages that was in the My Girl collection pack. The cut aparts were perfect to use as sentiments and embellishments.


One of my favorite cards is the "Hola Amor" card. I definitely plan on making more cards with Spanish sayings especially since I am Dominican and I have several family members that do not speak English. I used some foam dots to give dimension to the heart die cut. As usual, I used enamel dots on several of the cards.


I really love that birthday card and intentionally left the bottom left of the card blank so that I could add some number thickers. I don't know who the recipient will be for this card so I didn't want to add a random age. Once I know who to give this card to, I will add the numbers for an even more personalized look. I still don't know how to feel about that "Sweet Love" card, but I'm loving the gold thicker. The "Hello Lovely" card is another one of my favorites. Usually, I cover the entire card with patterned paper and have never tried to make a card with only a portion of patterned paper covering the card. I'm loving the colors and the large letters.

It was so much fun just creating without having a set plan or theme. It was also fun trying new things and testing out different styles.  I definitely plan to do this more often.

Supplies Used:

What are you currently making?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment