Tuesday, September 3, 2024

September Goals

Happy Tuesday! We're finally in the "-ber" months, and I'm so excited! August was such a busy, stressful month. I felt like I was being pulled in so many different directions and felt like an absolute mess. In August, the boys started school again. We all have gotten sick, but Gabriel seems to have been hit the hardest with what we believe was a back-to-back stomach virus. Thankfully, he's doing well now. 

However, there were some great moments sprinkled throughout the month. Michael is adjusting well to high school. Gabriel and Raphael are also doing well in school. We went to the farmer's market a couple times. We also went on a few walks and enjoyed visiting our local arboretum and pond. I read a lot of good books and newsletters. I tried a new recipe- a spicy meatball pasta dish that was amazing. I visited Crumbl Cookies a couple times and loved their cookie selections. On the last weekend in August, we went to the Marietta Art in the Park festival. We loved seeing the art pieces and walking around the square. We bought some Starbucks to cool down and then a pizza for dinner. It was the perfect way to end August.

In September, I'm desperately hoping that things slow down. I'm looking forward to more time to work on some creative projects, going to a few events around our city, celebrating John's birthday, and all the fall things—cooler weather, pumpkin everything, and spooky movies, to name a few. 

Recap of August Goals

  • Read 4 books: I read 15 books in August. They were a mix of genres: a couple of poetry collections, a few children's books, a graphic novel, and a few romance novels. My favorite book of the month was Load in Nine Times by Frank X. Walker. This collection of poetry was absolutely amazing.
  • Work on my Savannah and Tybee Island album: I did work on it, but I'm nowhere near to being done with it. I didn't have as much time as I would have liked to, so hopefully, I will this month.
  • Try 1 new recipe: I'm on a pasta kick once again. This time, I made a spicy meatball pasta dish for dinner, and it was delicious. I definitely plan to make it again. I love how easy it is to make pasta dishes. 
  • Work in my sketchbook/art journal: I didn't work much in my sketchbook/art journal. I think I only worked on one page. I didn't really have the energy to work in my sketchbook. I was also dealing with a little creative block, which contributed to my lack of work in my sketchbook.

September Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Try 2 new recipes
  • Work in my sketchbook/art journal
  • Participate in Exhale's September blog hop
  • Work on my Savannah and Tybee Island album
  • Go to at least one local event
  • Publish a post for the Atlanta Mom blog


What are your goals for September? How did you do in August?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Ella Jardim on Unsplash

1 comment

  1. Hi! Stopped over here from Exhale. I've never heard them called the "-ber" months before! Brilliant! I'm definitely with you in looking forward to a slower fall!

    ReplyDelete