Monday, August 5, 2024

July 2024 // A List

1. July was a whirlwind of a month, but it was also such a dream. I wish it didn't end.

2. I've been going for evening walks and absolutely love it. One of my favorite places to go for a walk is the Downtown Smyrna Arboretum and Pond. I was so surprised and delighted to see so many turtles on my walks.

3. We celebrated the Fourth of July by taking the boys to Urban Air. This is such a cool place to take the kids. The boys loved the go-karts and John won so many tickets from the claw machines.

4. We also went for a few walks on the Silver Comet Trail, and John showed me the graveyard he found on one of his walks.

5. So many rainier cherries were consumed in July.

6. I tried the TikTok whipped coffee recipe and loved it. I can't wait to try it again.

7. Michael got braces! We only went to get a consultation, but he got braces on the same day!

8. A few days after Michael got braces, John and I decided to go on a family vacation to Savannah and Tybee Island. We really wanted to go on a staycation before the boys went back to school, and I had to return to work after having the summer off.

9. I fell in love with Savannah and Tybee Island. I want to go back again. The boys loved going to the beach and swimming in the ocean. I was hit with a massive wave of nostalgia when we got to the beach. I hadn't gone to the beach in years. It was so refreshing, freeing, and beautiful to swim in the ocean.

10. Savannah is an artist and historian's dream. I loved learning about the different landmarks in Savannah, and the architecture is amazing! One of my favorite places was Bonaventure Cemetery. Another favorite was Savannah's Waterfront. We saw dolphins swimming in the river and watched boats and ships go by. 

11. July 20th marked my 11th wedding anniversary. It was so nice to spend it in Savannah.

12. Shortly after returning home from our vacation, Michael underwent surgery. I was a nervous wreck, but thankfully, everything went well. He's recovering well and was able to start school on time.

13. Work started back for me, and it's going much smoother than last year. 

14. I met the boys' teachers before the new school year. I still can't believe that I have a high schooler. 

15. July was such a fun-filled month, and I'm so thankful we got to do so much stuff. I'm grateful we got to experience new things, visit new places, and make new memories. July was truly everything that I was hoping for. 

16. I'm a little sad that July is over. Although it's already August, I have high hopes for this month. Here's to hoping August is a quieter, slower, and smoother month. 

No comments

Post a Comment