Monday, December 4, 2023

December Goals

Happy Monday! Can you believe it's finally December! I'm so excited for the holiday season! I found this poem by Jennae Cecelia that perfectly describes December for me.

December holds so much.

The end of the best times,

Or what is needed to come to an end.

December has hints of hope

For what is to come.

It has closure for all that was lost.

December is a heavy and hopeful month.


November was a hectic month. At times, it was stressful, but many days were full of hope and encouragement from family and friends. Unfortunately, cold and flu season was upon my household. My sons were sick, and then I got sick. However, I'm so grateful for modern medicine because it really helped. Thankfully, we were all feeling better by the time Thanksgiving break arrived. 

We all went to my little sister's home for Thanksgiving this year. John took me on a date to the Atlanta Christkindl Market, and we had a blast! I tried glühwein for the first time, and it was good. It was a bit strong but still good.

It may have been a busy month, but I gave myself tremendous grace. I made sure to rest and take breaks. I made a few goals, but it was absolutely ok if I didn't actually accomplish any. 

Since I mentioned goals and it's a new month, let's recap how I did with my November goals and check out my new goals for December.


Recap of November Goals

  • Read and review 1 book I received from NetGalley: I read and reviewed Continental Drifter by Kathy MacLeod and Eclipse by Wilder Poetry.
  • Read 1 book I borrowed from the library: I finally finished The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood. This took me a while to read, but I did enjoy the book. I also read There's A Ghost In This House by Oliver Jeffers. Raphael absolutely loved this book. I plan to purchase a copy for him.
  • Complete a One Little Word lesson: Yikes! Once again, I didn't complete a lesson. However, I'm excited for December's lesson. I still plan to work on the other lessons as well.
  • Try 1 new recipe: I can't remember if I personally made anything new, but I did try Mami's Coquito for the first time. It's pretty wild that this year was the first time I tried it, but I'm very picky regarding coconut in my food and drink. I'm also not a big fan of eggnog, which I had heard that it tastes similar to that, so I never really had a desire to try it. However, I will say that I did like the drink. It didn't taste too much like eggnog and was actually really good.
  • Participate in this month's blog hop: I did participate in Exhale's blog hop. You can check out my piece here.



December Goals

  • Read and review 1 book I received from NetGalley
  • Read 1 holiday-themed book
  • Complete Liz's December: Five Things ecourse
  • Work on my December Daily
  • Make sure to rest and practice self-care
  • Watch a new (or new-to-me) movie
  • Try a Winter Simmer Pot recipe

What are your goals for December? How did you do in November?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Stephan H. on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment