Sunday, December 31, 2023

December 2023 // A List

Oh, December. What a gift you were. A much-needed month.

A month that was less stressful than the last couple of months.

December was a busy month.

A month full of events.

A festive month.

Full of good food, drinks, and family and friends.

December was a month for reflecting.

So many thoughts on this year.

So many hopes and wishes for the new year.

So many things left undecided and unanswered that will carry on into the following year.

But thankfully, those things are not necessarily unwelcome.

But for now, I'll push it to the back of my mind.

I'm sure the answers will make its appearance next year.

December was a month for remembering.

Looking back at photos and memories from the year (and years before that).

Feeling grateful for the childhood photos that Mami took 

And the photos that I am taking.

Realizing that photos truly are a treasure. 

December was a month for comforting my mind.

Walks on my favorite trail.

Evening walks in my neighborhood.

The cold air was a relief for my body and soul.

Long, hot baths after long days.

Hot chocolate, seasonal treats, and good books to help ease my mind.

December was a month full of equal parts chaos and silence.

An odd, interesting mix.

The chaos...an annoyance.

The silence...very much welcomed.

December, you were an absolute dream.

A welcomed respite.

But now, a new year and a new month is making its way.

January is almost here. 

My birthday is just a few days away.

A new chapter will begin soon.

I. Am. Ready.

So long, December. I'll be forever grateful for this month.

So long, 2023. 

What a year full of growth and learning. 

It was a trying year at times, but overall, it was a good one.

Hello, 2024. I'm welcoming you with open arms.

May this be a more peaceful year.

No comments

Post a Comment