Monday, September 4, 2023

September Goals

Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day! Can you believe that it's September? I have to say that I'm beyond excited that it's September. August was an absolute dumpster fire of a month and I'm glad that it's over. 

School is officially back in session. I can't believe that my youngest son is in Kindergarten and middle son is now in middle school, and this year will be my oldest son's last year in middle school. The first day of school was definitely bittersweet. 

Work has been so busy and stressful, but it's starting to ease up a little and I'm finally getting into the groove of having a routine. I ended up getting sick towards the end of the month and had a bit of a scare, but thankfully my trip to the doctor went well. I'm feeling much better and I'm just thankful that I'm ok. 

Last month, was such a busy month that I didn't really focus on my monthly goals. In fact, looking back at my goals for August, I realized that I forgot about most of my goals so when you read through my recap don't be surprised when you see how many goals I didn't accomplish.

This month, I'm looking forward to a slower, more peaceful month. I'm looking forward to Fall Break and spending time with my family. I'm looking forward to consuming a ridiculous amount of pumpkin spice lattes and baked goods. I'm looking forward to all things cozy. I'm looking forward to getting out of this creative block and working on some creative projects.

Before I continue to ramble, let's have a quick recap on how I did with my goals in August and check out my new goals for September.

Recap of August Goals

  • Read and review 1 book I received from NetGalley: I read Pretty Ugly by David Sedaris, Remember Love by Cleo Wade, and Nights of Silk and Sapphire by Amber Jacobs. I absolutely loved Remember Love by Cleo. Pretty Ugly was an ok read. I did not really like Nights of Silk and Sapphire and I would honestly kind of consider that one to be filed under DNF (did not finish). 

  • Read 1 book I borrowed from the library: I read I Was Their American Dream by Malaka Gharib.  I Was Their American Dream is a graphic memoir about Malaka's life. It was interesting to learn about her family's Filipino and Egyptian cultures and customs. 

  • Complete 1 One Little Word lesson: I did not complete a One Little Word lesson. I read the prompt, but completely forgot to work on the actual lesson.

  • Complete at least 1 month in my 2023 Project Life album: So I didn't work on my Project Life album, but I did look through the album to see what I wanted to work on next. 

  • Complete Side by Side ecourse: I didn't complete the ecourse, but I did read the daily emails. I decided to complete this class in September since August was just an out of control month for me.

  • Work on my Little Summer Joy mini accordion album: This was another project that I didn't even bother to work on. I'm planning to keep this project very simple. Luckily, I have the album set up so all I have to do is add my photos and maybe do some light journaling.


September Goals

  • Read and review 2 books I received from NetGalley
  • Read 1 book I borrowed from the library
  • Complete 1 One Little Word lesson
  • Complete at least 1 month in my 2023 Project Life album
  • Complete Side by Side ecourse
  • Work on my Little Summer Joy mini accordion album


What are your goals for September? How did you do in August?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Brigitte Tohm on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment