Friday, September 1, 2023

August 2023 // A List

Oh, August.

You came in fast and furious.

But you definitely took your time to go.

August you were the slowest and longest month by far.

Perhaps it's because summer is ending and school started up again.

Routines are back again.

But August...

You were absolutely brutal.

There were long days, excessive heat, and so many bumps along the way.

I cried a few times and felt overwhelmed.

But you made me grateful to have family and friends who helped lift me up.

August, you were a whirlwind that I won't forget.

But I'm grateful to see how far I've come.

I won't lie and say I'm not sad to see you go.

But I will say that I'm happy and grateful for the lessons that I learned. 

So long, August.

Hello, September.

Here's to better days ahead and, hopefully, a more peaceful month.

No comments

Post a Comment