Friday, April 21, 2023

Little Whispers

It's 10 PM and way past my boys' bedtime. As usual, I walk by their room every night before bed. Almost always, I have to remind them that they need to stop talking to each other and go to sleep. And almost always, I get struck by memories of mami telling my older sister and me that we need to go to sleep instead of staying up late talking to each other or else we'll be too tired in the morning.

As I prepared to go to bed, I heard them quietly laughing and talking about how their day went at school and how much fun they had when they got home. Although they really did have to go to bed, I found myself smiling at their whispered conversation. After a few minutes, I reminded them again that they needed to go to sleep and gave them one last hug and beso. I said a silent prayer that my boys never lose their bond and that they always remember that they have each other to confide in. I hope that one day they look back at their childhood with a smile and remember and treasure those conversations they had with each other. 



This post is part of a blog hop with Exhale - an online community of women pursuing creativity alongside motherhood, led by the writing team behind Coffee + Crumbs. Click here to view the next post in the series "Overheard at Home."



Photo by Alen Rojnic on Unsplash

2 comments

  1. So sweet! I always pray that my boys never lose their bond, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your boys never lose bond either.

      Delete