Wednesday, April 5, 2023

April Goals

Happy Wednesday! It's finally April and I am so incredibly grateful that it's a new month. Like January, March felt like the longest month ever, but it also felt like a very short month. March was a strange month. I was dreading March's arrival because it's the anniversary of my baby brother's death, but this year, I found that for most of the month the waves of grief wasn't as strong as usual. I think grieving during March wasn't as strong (at least this year) because I was very busy. Work definitely kept me busy which I am grateful for. The actual anniversary of Mike's death was a hard day. I cried after talking to Mami and found more information about what happened on that day. It seems like I always learn something new every year and it just further proves that Mami wanted to protect us when we were children about death and loss. 

Work kept me busy during March and I found myself planning for the next couple of months. The next few weeks or rather months are going to be so busy with lots of events, both work related and personal. Right now, it's Spring Break and it's been so nice staying home and relaxing. Raphael's birthday is in a few days and we're trying to figure out what we should do to celebrate. 

With it being Spring Break, I'm hoping to knock out a few of my monthly goals. Now that I mentioned my monthly goals, let's have a quick recap on how I did with my goals for March and check out my new goals for April.


Recap of March Goals

  • Read and review 2 books I received from Netgalley: I read and reviewed Promises of Gold by José Olivarez and Emily's Essence by Lila Fox. I still have so many books to read that I received from Netgalley, but at least the list is getting smaller.
  • Read 2 books I received from the library: I only read one book that I borrowed from the library which was The Real Dada Mother Goose by Jon Scieszka and illustrated by Julia Rothman. I mainly read this book because I love Julia's drawings and I wanted to read a different genre. It was nice to read a children's book. I may have to add a few children's and middle grade books on my TBR list.
  • Publish 2 personal pieces on the blog: I'm not even sure whether to consider this goal accomplished or not. I did share my post for the Exhale blog hop and my monthly reflections list. I also shared my monthly coffee date post. You know what...I'm going to consider this goal accomplished.
  • Participate in Exhale's March blog hop: I was able to participate in the blog hop and I am so excited that I was actually able to come up with something. You can check out my piece here.
  • Try 1 new recipe: Ugh...once again, I did not try a new recipe. I don't even have a good excuse either. I literally had all the ingredients that I needed to make this individual berry crumble and I just didn't make it.
  • Work on my One Little Word lessons (January-March): I haven't worked on my One Little Word lessons and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I am noticing my word more and more everyday, but I just haven't sat down to document/journal about it. I think I'm processing everything a lot slower this year.
  • Work on my 2023 Project Life/memory keeping album: I didn't get to work on my Project Life album unless you count picking out which photos I am going to use and ordering the photos. Thankfully, my photos will be arriving in the next few days so I'm excited to make a bunch of layouts.


April Goals
  • Read and review 2 books I received from Netgalley
  • Read and review 3 books I borrowed from the library
  • Publish 1 personal piece on the blog
  • Participate in Exhale's April blog hop
  • Try 2 new recipes
  • Work on my One Little Word lessons (January-March)
  • Work on my 2023 Project Life/memory keeping album


What are your goals for April? How did you do in March?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


No comments

Post a Comment