Friday, March 17, 2023

I Want to Thank Myself

I want to take this time to thank myself for finally folding the mountain of laundry that's been sitting in the basket for almost an entire week. Did I want to do it? No. Did I have to do it? Yes. Did I walk by that mountain of laundry and tell myself, "I'll take care of it in an hour?" Yes. Yes, I did. In fact, I said it multiple times. As I walked by that basket and did other things like wash dishes, clean the bathroom, cook dinner, make weekend plans, and do other day-to-day things, I knowingly ignored the mountain. What made me finally fold those dreaded clothes? Well, I needed my favorite pair of leggings, but most importantly, the clothes needed to be folded. In fact, the basket almost took me out a few times. It was indeed a problem, and yet, I was still tempted to ignore it. But did I ignore it? No. Finally, I decided to take on that mountain, and I did. So I want to thank myself for finally giving in and folding it. Surprisingly, I didn't need to iron anything. Small miracles, I suppose. But the good thing...the most important thing is that everything is folded and the basket is empty...for now. So I want to thank myself (and my playlist) for finally taking on the chore I hate most, folding clothes.

This post is part of a blog hop with Exhale - an online community of women pursuing creativity alongside motherhood, led by the writing team behind Coffee + Crumbs. Click here to view the next post in the series "Acceptance Speech." 



Photo by Ingrid Hall on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment