Wednesday, July 6, 2022

July Goals

Happy Wednesday! Can you believe it's already July? June felt like the longest month, and it was a rough month, so I'm excited that it's finally July. There was so much stuff going on in June that I felt mentally drained by the end of the month. Women's rights are being violated, the housing market is insane, and the cost of living is rising, and those are just a few of the problems that are going on. 

With all the problems going on, we are still trying to enjoy summer and make the most of our time. We've spent time at the pool, explored, and went on mini adventures while house hunting, and have plans to go to new-to-us places. 

I'm so excited to celebrate a few birthdays and events this month. I'm also excited to work on my new goals for this month. I hope I remember my goals for this month because last month, my goals were not a significant priority.

So since I mentioned goals, I think it's time to share a recap of my goals for June and my goals for July.



Recap of June Goals

  • Read 5 books: I read so many good books in June. It seemed like every author was releasing some fantastic books in June. I even received a couple of ARCs which was awesome. Some of my favorite books I read in June were Alpha Ranger by Anna Fury, I Love(ish) New York by Ali Solomon, Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren, and Love and Tea by Samantha M. Thomas.
  • Read and review 3 books from Netgalley: I read and reviewed three books I received from Netgalley. I read Wretched Waterpark by Kiersten White, The Prisoner and the Writer by Heather Camlot, and I Love(ish) New York: Tales of Life in the City by Ali Solomon. I loved I Love(ish) New York and plan on buying a physical copy. Wretched Waterpark was such a fun book, and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series. 
  • Try 1 new recipe: Again, I can't remember if I even tried a new recipe, so I'm going to assume that I didn't try a new one.
  • Publish 1 personal essay: I didn't publish a personal essay unless you count my monthly reflections list as a personal essay. In fact, I didn't even post my monthly "If You and I Had Coffee" post, and I'm really disappointed about that. I'm not even sure how I forgot about that.
  • Complete 1 half-finished memory-keeping project: I didn't complete one of my many half-finished memory-keeping projects, but I worked on a few. I'm not sure why it's taking me so long to finish these projects. Maybe it's because I keep alternating between several of these projects. I think I will select one half-finished project every month to work on rather than several at a time.
  • Work on Little Summer Joy mini-album: I didn't get as much stuff done with my mini-album as I'd like, but I did work on a few things related to the album. I have a few photos that I need to order that will make it much easier for me to work on this project.
  • Work on 1 ALP prompt: I completely forgot to work on one of the ALP prompts, but that's already changed for this month. I signed up for the 30 Days of Showing Up course and have started working on the prompts.

July Goals
  • Read 4 books
  • Read and review 4 books from Netgalley
  • Try 2 new recipes
  • Complete 2 half-finished memory-keeping projects
  • Continue to work on my Little Summer Joy mini-album
  • Participate in the ALP's 30 Days of Showing Up: Scrap Daily Pages

What are your goals for July? How did you do in June?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


Photo by Marissa Grootes on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment