Wednesday, April 4, 2018

What I Read in March

I have been trying to keep up with my reading goal for this year. I want to read 12 books this year (one each month) and decided that I would share some more book reviews on my blog. I also want to share my favorite blog posts, articles, etc. that I read and loved every month. Below are the books, magazines, and blog posts that I read in March.



Must Read

The Crossroads of Should and Must by Elle Luna

I read The Crossroads of Should and Must again. This is such a great book and really made me think about my goals. I decided to read the book again since I planned to buy Elle Luna and Susie Herrick's new book Your Story is Your Power.

Light Reading

Cosmopolitan - April 2018 issue

It has been such a long time since I read a magazine, but I'm glad that I picked up the latest Cosmopolitan issue. I loved reading Cosmo's interview of Cardi B.

Blog Posts I Loved

This article on parenting. I think everyone should read it.

A blog post on success and failure.

Love, love, love this post by Sarah Hartley! I loved how honest Sarah was when she told her story. Reading this post made me think about my feelings on being pregnant.

Did Not Finish

How to Be Married by Jo Piazza

I wouldn't say that How to Be Married is a bad book, but it just didn't really interest me. Technically, I didn't try to read this book in March, but I had to mention this book. Usually, I try to finish a book even though I may not be interested in it, but I decided not to try this time. I think I may try to read the book again...once I'm done reading all the books that I really want to read. What do you usually do when you start to get bored with reading a book? Do you just stop or try to power through?

What did you read in March?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

16 comments

  1. I love seeing your reads! The blog articles you shared are fantastic! And I'll have to add The Crossroads of Should and Must to my reading list, sounds like it is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. The Crossroads of Should and Must is a great book. I can't wait to start reading Elle Luna's second book.

      Delete
  2. I'll add that first book to my to-read list! :)
    I read 4 books in March, my favorite was "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard such great things about The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. I have to add to my "to read" list.

      Delete
  3. I love how you included books, blogs and light reading!

    xo
    Taylor
    www.reeseshardwear.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the 5 Love Languages in March and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that The 5 Love Languages was a good book. I will have to check it out soon. It sounds like an interesting read.

      Delete
  5. I'm a lot better at quitting books if they just aren't working for me. Some I might try again in the future, but others? Eh...too many other things to read! I liked Cardi B's interview in Cosmo too. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, I am so horrible at quitting books. I always feel like I have to finish reading the book even if I don't like the book.

      Delete
  6. I've wanted to read that Elle Luna book. I'm so glad you enjoy it and reminded me to pick up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend The Crossroads of Should and Must. It was a great read.

      Delete
  7. I’m currently reading think and grow Rich. It’s so good! I definitely recommend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the book recommendation. I will have to add that book to my "to read" list.

      Delete
  8. Such a great idea to include magazines and blogs to your list.
    I have a habit of starting a book and even if I'm not enjoying it, I feel like I have to finish it. I read a book last month that had so many characters in it and I wasn't enjoying it at all but had to keep going. Terrible habit I cannot get rid of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way. I always feel like I have to finish the book even if I'm not interested in it. This is the first time that I actually did not finish a book that I didn't really enjoy.

      Delete