Monday, February 26, 2018

My Friend Fear: Finding Magic in the Unknown - Book Review

Happy Monday! Last week, I finally finished reading My Friend Fear by Meera Lee Patel. I was so excited when I found out that Meera wrote this book. I am a big fan of Meera's work and I even reviewed her diary/planner which you can read here. You can call it fate or just simply good timing, but I found out about this book at a perfect time.


Lately, I've been really into self-help and inspiring books. This book is filled with beautiful watercolor paintings and quotes as well as Meera's personal story on fear. I could relate to Meera and found myself nodding in agreement to a lot of things that I read. 

The main reason that it took me so long to finish reading this book is that I ended up taking notes while reading. I also wanted to take my time reading the book. Have you ever found and read a book and just didn't want it to end? My Friend Fear definitely had me feeling this way. I learned to look at fear in a different way and this book really inspired me to work on some projects that I have been putting aside due to fear.

If you'd like to learn more about Meera Lee Patel, you can find her on various social media platforms as well as her website. Check out the links below to see her work.

Website: https://www.meeralee.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/merelymeeralee
Twitter: https://twitter.com/meeralee
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meeraleeillustration

Have you read My Friend Fear? Are you a fan of self-help and inspiring books?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

11 comments

  1. I haven't read this one yet, but Im always down for a good self help book. I try to include on every time I go to the library :) Thanks for sharing. Im going to see if my library has it now! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kim. What have you been reading?

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a really great read, I'm definitely going to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was such a good book. I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this but I'm definitely going to look for it after reading your post! I love self help books and anything that will help me live my best life. This sounds like a great one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome. If you get a chance to read it, let me know what you think. Have a great day.

      Delete
  5. I love self-help and inspiring type of books. This sounds like a good one - that's wonderful you just wanted to keep reading.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great book. What are some of your favorite self help and inspiring books?

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing such valuable and helpful information and knowledge. This can give us more insights! Keep it up. I would love to see your next update.

    Best Trading Books

    ReplyDelete