Friday, July 26, 2024

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week

Happy Friday! Last week, I didn't get to post my happy and grateful list because we were on vacation. But I'm back and linking up with Charlotte, Lindsay, and Beth for their weekly happy and grateful list link-up. *Just a heads up, I'll also be sharing some things from last week.

1. I recently found Kelcey Ervick's substack newsletter, The Habit of Art, and I absolutely love it! I love her illustrations and the mini-essays she shares about writing and drawing. You can also check out more of her work here.


2. After Hours (Cater 2 U Mix) by Kehlani. This song has been on repeat. 


3. We went on a family vacation to Savannah and Tybee Island. We had a great time, and it was a much-needed trip. (You can see a few photos on my Instagram highlights.)


4. I read Always Haunted: Hallowe'en Poems by LindaAnn LoSchiavo and absolutely loved it. It's still summer, but now that my vacation is over, I'm in autumn mode. I'm ready for all things spooky and pumpkin spice lattes.


5. John and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary, and it was nice to celebrate it while we were on vacation. 


6. One of the highlights of my trip to Savannah and Tybee Island was swimming in the ocean with my sons and husband for the first time. The boys were so excited. I hadn't been to the beach since I was a child, but it was amazing to go back. We're definitely not fans of the sand, but we absolutely loved swimming in the ocean. 


7. Lately, I have been loving watermelon. I bought a big container to take to the beach, and I have been buying and consuming large amounts of it ever since. 


8. I finally had the courage to go to the dentist. I've always been terrified of going to the dentist. We ended up switching dentists, so you can imagine that the change only made it that much worse. Thankfully, the appointment went well. The dentist, hygienist, and the entire staff were so friendly and kind. They made me feel comfortable and were so patient with me. Honestly, I'm so excited to have found a dentist who really cares about their patients and loves what they do.


9. I had a great first day back to work. After being off for the entire summer, waking up really early was hard. However, the day went by quickly, and meeting some new people was great. I have high hopes for this year and will try to stay positive.


10. Checking things off my many lists. With school starting again soon and returning to work, I have a bunch of lists. Thankfully, I'm almost done with everything that I need to do. It's been so satisfying checking things off. 


What made you happy this week?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment