Monday, October 2, 2023

October Goals

Happy Monday! Can you believe it's finally October? I'm so excited because October is one of my favorite months of the year. I truly come alive during October. I've noticed that I'm much more creative during this month.

I'm looking forward to making more comfort food, celebrating my little sister's birthday, celebrating Halloween all month long (if you don't know, it's my favorite holiday), buying the kids' costumes, and reading so many good books, especially fall and Halloween-themed books. I'm also looking forward to going to the Stone Mountain Pumpkin Festival and visiting a local haunted house attraction.

September started off a bit rough but came to a good end. We enjoyed our fall break, and it was just what I needed. We went to the fair and had a blast. We also went to some farmers' markets and bought a few things. John and I went on a date, and it felt so nice to get some time to ourselves. I'm feeling refreshed and ready to get back into our routine.

Now that I've mentioned getting back into my routine let's check out my new goals for the month and have a quick recap on how I did with my September Goals.

Recap of September Goals


  • Read and review 2 books I received from NetGalley: I read Lily by E.G. Creel and Illustrators' Sketchbooks by Martin Salisbury. I really enjoyed reading Lily and thought Illustrators' Sketchbooks was interesting.
  • Read 1 book I borrowed from the library: Yikes! So I didn't finish reading the books I borrowed from the library. In fact, they are overdue, so I'll need to renew them.
  • Complete 1 One Little Word lesson: I completely forgot to work on this. I'm so far behind, but I plan to work on this project. 
  • Complete at least 1 month in my 2023 Project Life album: I didn't complete a month in my Project Life album, but I did work on it, so I will consider this a partial pass (is that a thing?).
  • Complete Side by Side ecourse: I'm unsure whether to consider this a pass or fail. I worked on all of the daily prompts except for a couple because I'm still thinking about how to even write down my response. So, I'm going to consider this goal accomplished. 
  • Work on my Little Summer Joy mini accordion album: Honestly, I might consider this an abandoned project. I got the base complete, and the photos are in the album, but I have yet to write any words. I might keep it a visual album without words, or maybe I'll add some journaling on some pages.


October Goals

  • Read and review 2 books I received from NetGalley
  • Read 2 books I borrowed from the library
  • Complete 1 One Little Word lesson
  • Complete at least 1 month in my 2023 Project Life album
  • Journal everyday
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Finish the Side by Side ecourse
  • Participate in this month's blog hop from Exhale


What are your goals for October? How did you do in September?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



No comments

Post a Comment