Friday, October 20, 2023

A List of Hauntings


A list of hauntings...

The witching hour. Those 3 AM thoughts. The creaking stairs. Wondering if I locked the front door at night. Wondering if I switched out the load of laundry. The never-ending to-do list. The mountain of laundry that still needs to be folded but is still in the basket...after 3 or 4 days. The mistakes of my rebellious years. The unfortunate hairstyle from middle school. The car accident I was in at 17. And the 2022 car accident. The highway. Not speaking up. Missed opportunities. Those moments of second-guessing myself. The deaths of my baby brother and grandmother. The What Ifs that will go unanswered. Unspoken words to lost loved ones and friends. The unknown cause of my water breaking and going into labor at 35 weeks. Wondering if I'm failing at motherhood. Realizing that my kids are growing up so fast. Realizing that my oldest son is only a few years away from being an adult. Wondering what life will be like for my children after I am no longer physically present. Time. 


This post is part of a blog hop with Exhale - an online community of women pursuing creativity alongside motherhood, led by the writing team behind Coffee + Crumbs. Click here to view the next post in the series "Haunted."



Photo by Dan Meyers on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment