Saturday, August 19, 2023

10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week

Happy Saturday! Today I'm linking up with Charlotte, Lindsay, and Beth for their weekly grateful and happy list link-up.


1. I finally tried the frozen strawberry açaí lemonade refresher from Starbucks, and I'm so glad I did. An employee from my local grocery store recommended it to me after she saw me with my usual Strawberry Açaí (with water, of course) refresher. This may just be my new favorite drink.


2. I read my job's weekly staff newsletter and was surprised to have received a shout-out. I did something that I think was simple, and I'm sure anyone would have jumped in and helped, but it was nice that my coworker felt the need to have me recognized for my help. This has made me realize how something so simple can mean so much to someone.


3. I'm currently reading several books, but I just received an arc of Cleo Wade's upcoming book, Remember Love, and I'm loving it so much. 


4. I only have a little to do this weekend since I did most of the things during the week. It feels so good to not be behind on chores, errands, etc. Work has worn me out, and that has caused me to be behind on a lot of things. So now that I'm caught up on everything, it's nice to finally have a little me time and more time to spend with my family.


5. I finally went to Crumbl Cookies and treated myself to some goodies. It's a drive to get there, but it was lovely to go for an impromptu drive on Friday evening to get some cookies. I highly recommend the Caramel Shortbread and Red Velvet cookies. So good! 

Also, thanks to Studio Calico for the gift card that I won.


6. I've been going on many evening walks during the week, and it's been such a great way to wind down after a long day. I've been too tired to go to the Silver Comet Trail, but going for evening walks around my neighborhood has been so good for me. 


7. All the fall and Halloween decor stuff I'm finding on Instagram. I'm on the hunt for a new Fall/Halloween mug. I see a trip to Marshalls, T.J. Maxx, and Burlington in the near future. Maybe I'll even stop by Michaels or Joann. 


8. Pumpkin Spice Glazed Donuts from Krispy Kreme. I repeat! Pumpkin. Spice. Glazed. Donuts! I made a couple of trips this week for donuts. Thank goodness for my rewards. Also, shout out to the kind employee who slipped an extra donut in my order for free. 


9. Before stopping by Crumbl Cookies, I quickly stopped at Whole Foods to buy some bananas. I ended up quickly browsing the store and found that they carry a lot of goods from local shops and companies. This has inspired me to try one new (or new-to-me) product made by a small local business monthly. I'm still determining what I want to try first, but I may also stop at the Gifting Tree shop to buy some jam made by a local small business since I know this shop carries many local products.


10. Catching up on a couple of shows. I'm slowly going through the last(?) season of Roswell, New Mexico. John and I are also catching up on The Witcher. We have a bunch of other shows to finish, but we're trying to watch one series at a time.


What made you happy this week?


Thanks for visiting!


Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment