Tuesday, August 8, 2023

August Goals

Happy Tuesday! I can't believe we're in the second week of August! I'm about a week late with this post, but it's been incredibly busy in my world. 

Last month was a busy month. We enjoyed the last few weeks of summer break, we celebrated mami's birthday, John and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, and we did a lot of school shopping. The last two weeks of the month was incredibly stressful and my emotions were all over the place. Things seem to have settled down for the most part and for that, I am so grateful.

This month started out with a bang. School is in session and I still can't believe how much my sons have grown. I'm back at work and it's been...busy. This month, I'm looking forward to getting back to our usual routine, consuming an alarming amount of Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes (which will most likely be back in late August), relaxing over the weekends, continuing to write mini essays, work on some craft projects, but most importantly, taking the time to just rest. I don't want to overwork myself or get burnt out...and honestly, I'm starting to feel burnt out already and it's only the beginning of August. 

Recap of July Goals


  • Read 1 book I borrowed from the library: I have several books that I borrowed from the library, but haven't had a chance to read yet. I'll have to remember to renew them. However, I did borrow The Penelopiad and I'm excited to read that this month.

  • Try 1 new recipe: We have been on a banana and chocolate chip combo kick so I made a loaf of banana chocolate chip bread and it was delicioius.

  • Complete 1 One Little Word lesson: I didn't get a chance to work on any of my One Little Word lessons in July so I didn't complete a lesson. I'm hoping to work on a few lessons this month.

  • Complete at least 1 month in my 2023 Project Life album: I didn't complete at least a month's worth of layouts in my album, but I did work on it. I'm really hoping that I can complete this goal in August.

  • Work on one of my incomplete December Daily journals: This goal completely slipped my mind. I would say that it was because I was busy, but honestly, I just simply forgot about this goal. 


August Goals

  • Read and review 1 book I received from NetGalley
  • Read 1 book I borrowed from the library
  • Complete 1 One Little Word lesson
  • Complete at least 1 month in my 2023 Project Life album
  • Work on my Little Summer Joy mini accordion album


What are your goals for August? How did you do in July?


Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...



Photo by Marissa Grootes on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment