Monday, December 5, 2022

December Goals

Happy Monday! I'm so glad it's finally December because November was absolutely the worst month for me. It was an absolute dumpster fire, and I can assure you that if I ever have to reflect on November 2022, I will not look back at those memories with joy. 

We had something significant happen to us in November, but things are returning to normal, and I am incredibly grateful for that. Although November was mostly a scary month, a few moments were great. We celebrated Thanksgiving at mami's house. I got a lot of stuff done way in advance, so I didn't have to worry too much about things on my to-do list. We finished Christmas shopping. I took an important test and got a near-perfect score! Hooray for that because so many opportunities can open up for me because I passed the exam. 

November was a brutal month, but it taught me many things. I still tried to focus on being grateful, although I will admit that there were times when it was hard to focus on gratitude. Now November took an unexpected turn for me, and although I didn't focus too much on my goals, I did try to work on a few things here and there.

Since it's a new month, and I'm trying to get things back to normal, now is a good time to share my December goals and recap how I did with my November goals.

Recap of November Goals

  • Read 5 books: I read 20 books in November. I usually read many more books than that, but as I've mentioned, November was just an absolute dumpster fire. However, I made sure to read because reading is a comfort for me. One of my favorite reads was Galatea by Madeline Miller. Galatea is a short story retelling with a unique spin on the myth of Pygmalion and Galatea. I loved that the story was told from the perspective of the statue, Galatea. Another favorite read was Golden by Wilder. This collection was a bit happier than Wilder's previous collection of poetry, Nocturnal. 
  • Complete 2 half-finished memory-keeping projects: I didn't work on my creative projects in November. I was not in a good place or mood to work on memory-keeping projects. 
  • Publish 1 personal piece on the blog: I did publish a personal piece about five things that bring me comfort (especially while I was going through a rough time). You can read it here. I also shared my monthly If You and I Had Coffee post.
  • Participate in Exhale's November blog hop: I'm disappointed that I didn't participate in Exhale's November blog hop, but I still plan to publish my piece on the blog. 


December Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read and review 2 books I received from Netgalley
  • Complete 1 half-finished memory-keeping project
  • Publish 2 personal pieces on the blog
  • Participate in Exhale's December blog hop
  • Try 1 new recipe


What are your goals for December? How did you do in November?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...


No comments

Post a Comment