Wednesday, November 23, 2022

5 Things That Bring Me Comfort

You may have noticed that I haven't been posting much this month, and it's because I'm going through a rough time. It would be an understatement to say that this month is not going the way I thought it would. The past week and a half have been brutal. I cried most of that time, but I am starting to feel a bit better and hopeful. 

Since it's the season of being grateful and the season of comfort, I thought I'd share what has been bringing me comfort during this stressful time. 




1. My family has been an enormous source of comfort. From some wise words from Mami to snuggles from my boys and John, I have really found some comfort with my loved ones. I am so grateful for my family and don't know what I'd do without them. 

2. Books. Books. Books. I have always found comfort in books. I'm reading all the books, especially holiday-themed novellas and short stories. Those holiday-themed books have been enormous comfort. With how I've been feeling, I've been gravitating towards happily ever afters and humor.

3. Taylor Swift's songs, specifically those from her Quill Pen Songs Playlist. I think my favorite song on that playlist is Carolina. My other favorite songs are Hoax, My Tears Ricochet, Willow, and Evermore.

4. Hot Chocolate. Sure it's not a food, but I still consider it a comfort food (or, I guess, a comfort drink?). I'm currently loving Ghiradelli hot chocolate and peppermint-flavored hot chocolate. I've been topping my hot chocolates with Target's seasonal whipped cream, and it's simply the best. 10/10 definitely recommend it.

5. Cozy clothes. I recently bought several leggings from Leggings Park, and oh my goodness, I am obsessed! They are so soft and comfy. I've been pairing them with my favorite sweaters. At home, I've been wearing my pajamas and favorite holiday socks. It's helped me get in the holiday spirit, which, to be honest, I wasn't really into the holidays due to being stressed out.


What brings you comfort?


Thanks for visiting!


Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment