Wednesday, March 2, 2022

March Goals

Happy Wednesday! I'm so glad that it's a new month. The first half of February was great, but the end of the month was brutal. Although March is usually a difficult month for me due to my little brother's death anniversary, I saw the signs of grieving at the beginning of February. As the days got closer to March, it got a little bit harder. Then we lost a family friend towards the end of the month. I still don't even have the words. Saying "I'm sorry" and offering to help with anything just doesn't seem like enough. Then the situation in Ukraine happened. It's been so hard watching the news. It just seems like February was a month of grieving.

Although February was a difficult month, there were days of celebrating. I took comfort in working in my journal and writing on the blog. I spent time with my family and went on a date with John. I got lots of extra cuddles with my boys. I've been embracing the stillness and enjoying everyday little moments. I worked on some of my goals, and it felt so good to cross so many tasks off my list.

Since I mentioned goals and it's a new month, let's check out my new plans for March and how I did with last month's goals.

Recap of February Goals

  • Read 4 books: I read well over four books last month. I'm excited that I am going through many books that have been taking me a while to finish reading. February was a decent month for books.
  • Read 2 books that I need to review soon: I read more than two books that I needed to review. I'm glad that I could accomplish this goal because I have so many books that I need to review.
  • Read Untamed by Glennon Doyle for the ALP Book Club: I didn't get a chance to finish reading Untamed, but I hope to finish it this month.
  • Post 2 personal pieces on the blog: I did post two personal pieces on the blog. You can check them out here and here. I still consider my monthly list a personal piece.
  • Try 1 new recipe: I actually tried two new recipes. I made a spicy shrimp salad for dinner, and it was so delicious. It was simple to make but so filling. I also made tried a new hot chocolate recipe. Again, it was a simple recipe, but some of the things I added were new to me.
  • Finish last year's Project Life album: I didn't finish my 2021 Project Life album, but I am very close. I don't have an excuse for why I didn't complete this project; I just wasn't in the mood to work with my album in February. 
  • Work on Project Life layouts in my 2022 album: I worked on a few layouts, but they are still incomplete. As you know, I'm still behind on last year's album, and I have a few upcoming projects that I'd like to work on. I'm hoping to catch up this month because I don't want so many layouts to work on.
  • Finish my January 2022 traveler's notebook: Yikes. So I didn't finish my January 2022 traveler's notebook, but I am close to being done. I think I will make a few changes to what I include in my traveler's notebook. I've been focusing so much on including stories with photos that it's taken me a while to realize that I don't always have to add a photo to each layout. It's perfectly fine to simply journal or make a mixed media/art journal type layout. 

March Goals
  • Read 5 books
  • Read 2 books from Netgalley
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Finish last year's Project Life album
  • Complete 2 half-finished memory keeping projects
  • Take more photos


What are your goals for March? How did you do in February?


Photo by Alexa Williams on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment