Monday, January 3, 2022

January Goals

Happy New Year! 2021 felt like an even longer year than 2020, so I'm thrilled that it's 2022. 2021 was a bit of a challenging year, but there were some really great moments in there. For me, 2021 was a much more trying year than 2020. However, I am so proud and amazed at the amount of growth that I have shown. I promise that I'm not trying to be vain or brag; I'm just honestly surprised at some of my reactions. I really made sure to take care of myself last year. I made sure that I practiced self-care and took care of my health. 

As I reflect on the previous year, I realize that my word for 2021 really stuck with me. My word was Seek, and I definitely did that. I sought to try new things like going for much longer walks on the Silver Comet and trying new recipes. I may not have tried a lot of new recipes, but there were a few that were great. I tried new art techniques, took art courses, and got out of my comfort zone. I read a few books in genres that I don't usually read. I have gotten more serious regarding writing essays and hope to submit more pieces soon. I completed One Little Word 2021, and it was such a comfort for me. 2021 was probably the first year I actually finished One Little Word. 

I had so many monthly goals in 2021, and it was always so good to check those goals off. Sure, there were goals that I didn't accomplish every month, but it was great to challenge myself. I don't plan to make resolutions this year, but I plan to make some monthly goals. There are also a few things that I would like to finish by the end of the year, but I am not going to pressure myself to make everything happen. 

With all that being said, it's a new month and a new year so let's check out my new goals for the month and have a little recap of my goals from December.


Recap of December Goals

  • Read 5 books: December was a great month for reading. I read so many Christmas and winter-themed romance books. There were a few non-holiday-themed books that I read as well. 
  • Read 2 books that I should have finished a while ago: I read several books that I should have finished reading some time ago, but I still have so many to finish.
  • Read 3 books that I need to review soon: I read and reviewed three books that I received from Netgalley and loved each one. In December, my favorite book that I read and reviewed was Mom Milestones by Grace Farris. I actually plan to buy a physical copy of the book. 
  • Try 1 new recipe: I can't even remember if I did or didn't try a new recipe. I'm sure that I did, but I just can't remember what I made. 
  • Finish my Autumn Moments travelers notebook: I'm calling this traveler's notebook complete even though I need to add some journaling in a couple of spots. This was such a fun travelers notebook to work in. I loved trying new things in this notebook. I used new-to-me sketches, and I just realized that this may be one of the first traveler's notebooks (that I used specifically for memory keeping) that I have completed. 
  • Finish my 2020 Christmas traveler's notebook: I did not finish my 2020 Christmas traveler's notebook, but I am so determined to complete it this month. Honestly, I do not have an excuse for not working on this notebook. I simply forgot to work on it since I was busy working on my 2021 Christmas mini-album.
  • Work on my 2021 Christmas mini-album: I did work on my 2021 Christmas mini-album, and I am almost done with this project. I just need to print a couple of photos and add some journaling in a few spots, and it will be complete.
  • Complete my One Little Word album: I completed this project on New Year's Eve. It was such a joy to work on this project. My mini-album is so chunky, and I loved going through the pages. I am ready to work on my One Littel Word album this year. I'm unsure which format I want to go with this year, but I can't wait to dive in.
  • Catch up on my Project Life album: I worked on my Project Life album, but I still need to catch up on it. I'm glad that I only have a couple of layouts to finish. 


January Goals

  • Read 5 books
  • Read 3 books that I need to review soon
  • Finish reading at least 3 books that I didn't finish reading in 2021
  • Finish December Daily 2020 traveler's notebook
  • Catch up on my Project Life album
  • Try 1 new recipe
  • Drink more water
  • Work in my new sketchbook/journal


What are your goals for January? How did you do in December? Have you set any yearly goals?


Thanks for visiting!


Until next time...



Photo by STIL on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment